Aurora broken - Resolved

Seshins

Hello everyone,

As i've been mentioning in my on-going survivor story, i've noticed that the Aurora has now been MIA in my sandbox game.

The last time it was seen was on Jan 9 2018 at in-game day 101 - so it's been 2 1/2 in-game months since it appeared (now at in-game day 173). Just to make sure i haven't been sleeping through them i've been sleeping at 1 hour intervals each night but no luck.

This is in game version v1.21 33995.

It's not a game breaker obviously, but i'd like to know if there's some mechanic i'm missing or if it is in fact a bug. The latter would be a shame as i miss having it around and wanted to factor it into my long-term boredom breaking strategy.

Thanks - Seshins.

I noticed the same, in fact I've never seen an aurora in my 270 days of my current stalker run. And I sleep often during the day and spend the night outside in a fishing hut or under the stars, not one aurora. But I began this run pre 1.21 (I think around 1.08 or something) so maybe I'll never see one :(

I don't seem to be having this problem. I recently used an aurora to help me explore the Maintenance Shed in BR in my interloper playthrough. It came at day 16 but even before that, I had one occur earlier at the dam. I also have a stalker playthrough where I recently played around with wolves along the track during an aurora in Mystery Lake. 600+ days now I started this one a few weeks after the official release.

I play on Steam, PC; maybe there are discrepancies between the versions of different platforms...

38 minutes ago, shade_grey said:

I don't seem to be having this problem. I recently used an aurora to help me explore the Maintenance Shed in BR in my interloper playthrough. It came at day 16 but even before that, I had one occur earlier at the dam. I also have a stalker playthrough where I recently played around with wolves along the track during an aurora in Mystery Lake. 600+ days now I started this one a few weeks after the official release.

I play on Steam, PC; maybe there are discrepancies between the versions of different platforms...

Hmmm interesting. As i've recorded in my play through thread (also on Steam, PC) the Aurora was essentially there on day 101 and then i haven't seen it since. No updates or hot fixes have been pushed i'm aware of so there doesn't seem to be any reason for the lack of Aurora.

The weather seems to have deteriorated with more blizzards and snowfall but i sleep in 1 hour increments each night just to check for the Aurora. It went from occurring at least once a week to never.

I wonder if @Patrick Carlson could shed some.....light? (pun intended)

Well the Aurora has returned - it was obviously a combination of the terrible weather in PV, the gradual deterioration of said weather and the frequency finally coinciding with the odd starry night i get.

Thread can be closed if desired.

Archived