Nomad Progress Not Saving

Nihai

I've been playing the Nomad Challenge but have run into trouble when saving.

Anytime I sleep to force a save, the next time I log in to resume the challenge, all progress is lost.   I had stayed at 12 of the 15 locations, but after saving and resuming later - all progress for staying the 3 days in each location was gone.   The progress as far as animal pelts, supplies and resources was still there, but not credit for staying in the different locations.

Does the nomad challenge need to be done all in one game-play?  All done without saving or exiting the game?  This has happened several times.

I'm on a laptop with Windows 10.   I downloaded the game from the Microsoft Windows store.   I've previously purchased and downloaded from steam.   I'm wondering if that matters?

I didn't know I could check progress other than through the journal in game?  And that always resets with each save.

Anytime I force a save by sleeping, and then re-enter the game, this is what my journal shows.

I have stayed the 3 days in several locations, and have even gone back to a couple and the timer starts over.  It's as if I'd never stayed in that location - even if I had.

tld.jpg

Hi Nihai, thank you for your patience. This is an issue we are looking into. 

Have you noticed this with any other challenges or game modes?

If possible, we'd like to get some log files from you. Logs give us a picture of what your game has been doing during a session and could help us figure out what might be happening with your game.

If you are playing on the Windows store version, your log file should be stored here: <user profile> \AppData\Local\Packages<productname>\TempState\UnityPlayer.log

Since the log re-writes itself with every new session, it'd help us to have 2 logs:

1) A log from where you have made progress in the Nomad Challenge, then exited the game.
2) A log from just after you have re-entered the game and noticed that your progress has been cleared.

Thanks for your help!

Hello again @Support!

I finally got Nomad accomplished, but had to do it without ever closing the game.   I'd play, hit escape to go to options menu, close laptop until I could play again.  

Since I finished Nomad, I started another one.   I spent a day or so in the barn, saved by sleeping, then exited the game.   When I opened the game, chose to resume, progress was once again gone.

So, I resumed play,  passed time for 10 hours sitting in the truck .. and that's file one.

UnityPlayer.log

I haven't tried any of the other challenges.   Nomad was the first I had played, but I'd like to try the others.  

I have played sandbox quite a bit and my progress is always saved.   It was only with the Nomad challenge that I noticed it wasn't saving right.

Here's the strange thing:   It saves progress as far as pelts, supplies I'd gathered, I was in the right location when I'd leave the game and return.  The part that wasn't saving was the credit for staying in the different locations.  

I stocked each location with supplies, then ran around spending the 3 required days .. but with a nice stock of food and water and finally got credit for the challenge being completed.  It took longer this way and I'd like to beat my time and try again if we can figure out how to fix this.

Thanks @Support

Thanks for providing those files, @Nihai . We're glad you were ultimately able to complete your Nomad run, and will dig into these to see what we can find out about this issue.

If you notice anything like this with other Challenges or Game Modes, please let us know!

@support

I've started a couple of other challenges and they seem to save perfectly so far.  Will let you know if I have more questions.   Will you let me know when/what to do to fix this so I can try Nomad again?

Archived