Matches, why always 12?

AnActualDuck

Just a random "realism" thought. Shouldn't you find matches in random amounts instead of 12 every time? Sure it's nice knowing every time you see a pack of matches you are going to get 12 lights and changing this to be a random amount would make things a tad harder but it just makes a bit more sense to me. Maybe make it so it could even possible have more than 12 to offset the difficulty increase. Find 5 in one pack, next pack has 16, evens things out a tad while making things feel more realistic (to me, anyway).

Also, an item like a the jerry can, but for matches, would be nice. I'd like to be able to stack my matches all together. "Large match box" item would suffice.

I think the 12 matches per box is a good thing. It eliminates a lot of RNG. In interloper the difference between 12 matches and 5 matches is huuuuge. It could be an optional addition tough.

And I like the idea of the large match box:). Only problem with it would be that if it gets destoyed in a wolf struggle or something you're gonna lose a huge amount of matchesO.o

Yeah, I get that rng can make a run basically impossible if you get the wrong dice rolls but as it stands now I already find that that can happen. I've had runs where the usually spots for matches or other fire making tools just aren't there at all. I'd argue as far as rng goes it's already so heavily in the game that random amounts of matches wouldn't change it too much. Firestrikers already have this random chance implemented in since you find them at random durability. Regardless, like all things, optional is always the way to go, I agree with you there.

Wolves... The bane of my long dark existence. 

Thing is, every item that spawns in stacked batches spawn in their own set number every time:

• Cardboard matches - 20
  • Wood matches - 12
  • Painkillers - 6
  • Antibiotics - 6
  • Rifle rounds - 5
  • Coffee - 5
  • Herbal Tea - 5
  • Water Purification Tablets - 4

If wood or cardboard matches were to spawn with random amounts, this should affect other items as well.

Archived