the long dark "corrupted data"

Alexandre Pires

I've been playing the long dark on ps4 for almost one month now, however now i've been having a problem where the game says "corrupted data" when it's saving, which is very annoying since the game saves automatically all the time. This corrupted data problem doesn't stop me from playing, on the contrary, i can still play the game but as i said before when the game saves (by sleaping, entering a house, being attacked by an animal, etc) a mensage apperes saying "corrupted data". I've already tried to unnistal the game and install it again but the problem keeps on going. Could you help me by sugesting what to do?

1 hour ago, Alexandre Pires said:

I've been playing the long dark on ps4 for almost one month now, however now i've been having a problem where the game says "corrupted data" when it's saving, which is very annoying since the game saves automatically all the time. This corrupted data problem doesn't stop me from playing, on the contrary, i can still play the game but as i said before when the game saves (by sleaping, entering a house, being attacked by an animal, etc) a mensage apperes saying "corrupted data". I've already tried to unnistal the game and install it again but the problem keeps on going. Could you help me by sugesting what to do?

this problem has not been solved so far (even with the latest update) although the release took place six months ago. the version of the game for PS4 is extremely unstable (especially in moments of autosave). sent a huge number of reports from the system ps4, asked a question on the forum, the result - no recommendations, no corrections from the developers. the usual approach is to get money from the consumer and not engage in support. thank you @Patrick Carlson and team hinterland

41 minutes ago, Alexandre Pires said:

so basically we bought their game and get zero support....... gladly I can still play the game the "corrupted data" its just a bother, thank you for your patience black72rat

@Alexandre Pires As we wrote to you already over email, we'd encourage you to write to the support team directly about save corruption so we can follow up with you. We are in the process of working through various fixes for known issues right now, so we appreciate very much your report. Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

@Alexandre Pires As we wrote to you already over email, we'd encourage you to write to the support team directly about save corruption so we can follow up with you. We are in the process of working through various fixes for known issues right now, so we appreciate very much your report. Thank you!

thank you for your suport

On 13.02.2018 at 3:42 AM, Patrick Carlson said:

the important question is: why write to tech support when you receive daily reports from the ps4 players directly from the system? most importantly - they come with dumps of error. if you look at the game on ps4, you get the impression that this version of the game was not tested at all. since playing the game only 3-4 hours (on ps4) you are guaranteed to see this error.
p.s.

error code CE-34878-0 (application error)

7 hours ago, black72rat said:

the important question is: why write to tech support when you receive daily reports from the ps4 players directly from the system? most importantly - they come with dumps of error. if you look at the game on ps4, you get the impression that this version of the game was not tested at all. since playing the game only 3-4 hours (on ps4) you are guaranteed to see this error.
p.s.

error code CE-34878-0 (application error)

Bugs or tech issues can be caused by a variety of factors, and so it helps to have as much information as possible in order to try and reproduce the issue -- which is the first step to solving a problem. With that in mind we always encourage players to reach out directly to our team through our JIRA bug database, or our support email, with their reports. It all helps. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived