Multi player / co op mode

Supermarioman1

6 minutes ago, raginglion00 said:

I think we are talking about 2 completly different things. Im trying to put up some ideas for multiplayer with how the game is right now. You on the other hand are talking about relying on nature. You do rely on nature. 85 percent of my play throughs are probably spent exploring  the wilderness trying to map out the next route to another area without getting mauled by a pack of wolves or a bear or now even a moose. The reliance on man made structures and items seems pretty balanced to me. I mean the game is pretty brutal. I remember when i first started playing i froze to death cause i couldnt build a fire and then again with those darn wolves. I only survived my third time because i found the trailers by the dam in mystery lake. My point is it seems the reliance on buildings is to even out the brutality of the out doors. Though i agree it could be a change in pace if buildings were fewer or there were tents i think that should be an option cause it would not be friendly to new players. And no im not saying the game should "conform to how i want it" but rather it should offer a challenge for new and expierienced players but should not be too hostile for those who might just pick up the game or bought it on sale or something. To sum up buildings and reliance on man made things may cause distance from nature in game it is necessary to balance the game and draw in more people. Though i do agree that adding in tents or making snow shelters more appealing to early players i do not think the amount of buildings should be lessened without an option to do so cause as said the game as is is very brutal.

I'll admit that I am not the star player out there - I have 326 hours logged into the game and my maximum days lived has been 43 days on Voyageur; so no, I have not mastered the elements, and am certainly in no place to tell anyone secret strategies. I know of a few tricks and hidden paths, but that does not translate to long term survival (days survived). However, I realize that my weakness are related to my lack of skill in hunting wolves&deers as well as relying greatly on human shelter; I have never build a snow shelter other than to get the "spend 3 nights outside" acheivement, and I always save the cloth for repairing, which ends up making my weight too heavy. 

This does not mean that I do not value different parts of the game, and I understand how most things work. You say that the weather is too brutal- well what about when it's a beautiful sky in Pleasant Valley and you don't have a lot of cloth, but you want to be able to stay outside so that you can wake up early in the morning and start hunting? We cannot venture too far into the game world because we'll get too far away from our man made shelters, so why not have the ability to pitch a tent? You could go as far as you need to in the forests of Pleasant Valley and not have to worry about finding your way back to the Farmhouse, because you would have enough material to pitch a tent and start a fire.

As I have suggestive in prior threads, a map with large forest and little shelter would provide exciting and interesting gameplay; every map we have so far has a "safe space" that makes it possible to escape danger close by. I think that we should be scared of the wilderness, but also be fascinated and explore it further.

9 minutes ago, raginglion00 said:

Now as for more thoughts on how multiplayer might work, it would be interesting to see if players would share supplies some. It would be cool to add in a mechanic that let you divide like a piece of fish or break a protein bar and give it to the other person. Of course this means you both have food but now you only have half of what you had before in calories. Also additions to the injury system could be gun shot wound and arrow wound in case of hunting accident. Imagine it you and your friend havent found each other and you go out with your rifle and fire at what you think is a bear and it turns out you just shot your friend wearing bear fur in the arm and now you have to treat it! And about the time system difference i thought it may be best to allow the players to decide how long the day night cycle is in real time. Now again it would simplify breaking things down and crafting things to like 7 Days to Die level but it would be a good in between.

As I've made my opinion since the beginning clear and that mods will be the ones to implement multiplayer into the game, I think that it would be best to leave your post be; I will say though, that besides for the "wonderful time" you think will happen when both players meet each other, you have some pretty good ideas.

And thank you for both these posts, it's nice to have better discussion between different forum-goers instead of what was going on earlier. Thanks :)

On 2/23/2018 at 4:52 PM, EricTheGreat12 said:

Yet there’s one that pops up every week

These threads get very annoying very fast

Nobody gives rats ass if u feel these threads are old news or whatever. If u feel that a specific topic is annoying to u, why the fluff are u posting in it? Why even click on the thread?

Its not up to u decide what topics ppl post about. The only annoying thing about this thread is ur nagging...

3 hours ago, svisketyggeren said:

Nobody gives rats ass if u feel these threads are old news or whatever. If u feel that a specific topic is annoying to u, why the fluff are u posting in it? Why even click on the thread?

Its not up to u decide what topics ppl post about. The only annoying thing about this thread is ur nagging...

Svisketyggeren I was having a wonderful conversation with Raginglion00. Please bring your nagging somewhere else and let the adults talk between each other; thanks :)

Actually i can not even play multiplayer if it was put in as a mod i have the game on ps4. I just enjoy talking about putting in stuff like this for games to expand the player base a bit. To circle back though you mentioned me saying the out doors as too brutal. I dont think it is "too brutal" i just think its much brutal sure but its not the kind of brutal like "ahh i can't take three steps without dying" but more like if i don't pay attention to everything i need to take care of(i.e. food water, etc) as well as wild life, weather and proper shelter i'm gonna die fast. This seems to be very realistic in most aspects which is what hinterland seems to be trying to do. This coupled with the fact that resource managment is really the key part of the game(or so i have read) makes this game much more difficult than say 7 Days to Die. Also since the game doesn't have enemies on every corner like other survival games allowed them to really focus in the SURVIVAL part of the games. So yeah i still agree that a map with few to no human structures would be awesome especially with the edition of a tent i don't see players rushing to that spot. Not unless they allowed you to start with a bow or gun at least to get the food and material needed for that area. But with that in mind it would make for an interesting edition for those who wanna go a little hardcore.

P.s. i'm only on my 3rd attempt on voyager its going good so far but last i played wolves were closing in and i only have 3 rounds left in my gun

• 3 months later...
On 2/23/2018 at 10:52 AM, EricTheGreat12 said:

Yet there’s one that pops up every week

These threads get very annoying very fast

Yeah it must be annoying to log into the forums, scroll through the threads, to find the one talking about multiplayer, then going out of your way to click the thread, reading through it, and typing out a reply about how annoying it is.

12 minutes ago, KillerKalmari said:

Yeah it must be annoying to log into the forums, scroll through the threads, to find the one talking about multiplayer, then going out of your way to click the thread, reading through it, and typing out a reply about how annoying it is.

Lol you took the time to revive an old thread that is 2 months old and you think that you are helping this conversation move forward? It was unecessary to comment, and odly enough you are hypocritically writing about how annoying I am; maybe you can do something to advance the community forward instead of wasting time?

Archived