Jeremiah's rifle disappeared

Gr8johnson5

Yes I have searched the topic.

So I'm playing on PS4. I've been playing about a month I guess. I love the game. But I have a problem. I just returned with the meds for the trapper. The cut scene finishes and now I have the rifle. I did see it. I went to the train maintenance station to repair it. So I make my way to the hand milling machine. The rifle is gone! So of course I am thinking I dropped it by mistake along the way. So I go back to some of the places I stopped to warm up and rest. I must of dropped it while lightening my pack. Nope. So I went back to previously saved games from before I got the rifle from Jeremiah. I figure I will just have to do it all again. Nope. After returning from the dam and going through the cut scene the gun was never in my pack again. So I'm afraid I wont be able to progress through the game without finishing this task.

I did go to the hand mill and activate it or use it. So Im going to go back to Jeremiah and see if maybe I just cant see the rifle. 

I see there have been a lot of issues with the rifles disappearing but nothing specific to this. I did log a bug report. Thanks.

Thanks for your post @Gr8johnson5 . Jeremiah's rifle is a quest item, and won't appear in your general inventory as a usable item. However you should be able to see it by going to your Journal and looking under the Collectables tab.

Also, be sure to check your journal whenever you complete a quest objective -- it will remind you where you need to go next to advance the story!

Archived