Long Dark- Play Anywhere Screenshots

cdmassey987

Hello there, I'm new to playing long dark on PC. I have played it on Xbox from the beginning. I recently downloaded the game to PC via the Microsoft Store and Play Anywhere compatibility. I went into the controls and found I could take screenshots with the F10 key. I have tried this multiple times, but I can't find the screen shots anywhere. I searched the computer all over the C: Drive, Users, etc... I can take screenshots via the xbox game bar, Windows Key + Alt+PrtScn, but these literally take a screen of the entire game window...and the quality is so so when you manipulate it to get rid of the HUD.

Any ideas? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @cdmassey987, thanks for your question. The Universal Windows Platform tends to place files in folders differently, and your screenshots are likely in a subfolder somewhere inside your AppData folder. 

Screenshots have a specific naming convention though. Try doing a search for png images with "screen_" in the name and you should be able to track the right folder down.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you! I found the Microsoft store location using the Win+Alt+PrntScn....but they are bad...it grabs the window rather than the game without the HUD. which is okay I edit them to remove the HUD. Loving the game Hinterland so thank you!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Winternmute_TLD. SOrry that you haven't had a reply in God knows how long. I've been absent from the forums for awhile. I found the play anywhere screenshots located here on my computer: C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Packages\27620HinterlandStudio.30233944AADE4_y1bt56c4151zw\LocalState\NoSync

I found this with the "screen_" search and then sent a shortcut to my desktop. Now I have the folder in the My Pictures Library.

14 hours ago, cdmassey987 said:

Winternmute_TLD. SOrry that you haven't had a reply in God knows how long. I've been absent from the forums for awhile. I found the play anywhere screenshots located here on my computer: C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Packages\27620HinterlandStudio.30233944AADE4_y1bt56c4151zw\LocalState\NoSync

I found this with the "screen_" search and then sent a shortcut to my desktop. Now I have the folder in the My Pictures Library.

got it now, thanks tho :) I had to look through aLL the game files to find it haha