Best Way To Hunt and/or Avoid Wolves

RetroGames546

I've been playing the Interloper difficulty recently, and I have made it to Day 45. I know, I know, people have made it to like a year+, but it's what I've learned during those 45 days that have kept me alive for so long. In any mode, the best way to hunt wolves, especially with the bow, is to have one lock on and stalk you. Then, drop a decoy, and wait for them to move towards the decoy. Once you're certain they're locked onto the decoy, aim the weapon (bow or rifle) right at their head, and fire. Due to the fact that they are now concentrated on the decoy, they won't charge you (I tested this multiple times, each with the same result). I've killed at least 6 wolves with this method using the bow. 

• 11 months later...

I like to use  a combo of a rock ledge or tree where the wolf can't get to and stones. Once the wolf detects you he barks and he slows down or he runs off scared. You can throw stones to lure him over your way. When he's close enough just line him up with the bow and shoot him. 

17 minutes ago, Ahatch said:

I like to use  a combo of a rock ledge or tree where the wolf can't get to and stones. Once the wolf detects you he barks and he slows down or he runs off scared. You can throw stones to lure him over your way. When he's close enough just line him up with the bow and shoot him. 

I use the rock ledge or fallen tree as a vantage point as well, but to make all the wolves around come to me I pack a few kilos of raw meat. They come like a mouth to a flame.

if i want to avoid them i just start a fire with the torch, just let them come close enough and they run away as soon as you attempt starting a fire. if i wanna kill them just time on their charge and shoot at the right moment (or use the hammer to scare them away easily)

Archived