OHHH MYYYY SWEEEEET STARS!!!!!!!

TROY

I have not been online, or had to play in quite some time, as I've been busy making my dream of an off grid homestead come true, but today I popped in for a few hours of relaxing "Death by Wolves" and what do I see????  I see CUSTOM DIFFICULTY SETTINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAND SAKES!!!!!  I think I just swooned!  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

I might even forgive the broken RNG for this.   maybe not, but I'll consider it.

On 22/1/2018 at 1:04 AM, Fuarian said:

What's that supposed to mean?

My guess is that he is not too happy with how it was done. But that's part of the deal... You can't please everyone, all the time. 

My gaming computer exploded just before this update, which I've been waiting for years, was desployed... so I haven't been able to properly play it. Just loaded the game in the laptop to see how the options looked and while there is probably room for improvement (when there isn't?) It was definetely looking sweet.  

On 21/1/2018 at 12:32 PM, sierra 117 said:

I' guessing the achievements are disabled though. Can anyone confirm?

Why would they disable achievements? :) 
Wether its a custom game or a pilgrim game, doesn't really make achievements easier or harder.

Introducing a new game mode that can't trigger progress points for your gameplay seems fruitless and cruel. I've earned my firebadge feat in Custom, don't see why I can't earn Faithful whenever that gets fixed and 500 in it aswell.

Anyway I'm heavily on the Subnautica train now, so TLD's many unfixed issues might be fixed when I get back :)
Cya in 1.27, estimated patch for an actual Faithful Cart fix:)

9 hours ago, Arzanot said:

Why would they disable achievements? :) 
Wether its a custom game or a pilgrim game, doesn't really make achievements easier or harder.

Yeah I agree I finally have a chance to play my favourite mode (interloper) without cabin fever ( always hated the crazy/ nonsensical routines it got you into to avoid it) so im hopeful we can still get achievements. 

Have they actually confirmed  this? 

I thought the devs had mentioned feats would be disabled, so I thought achievements would be also.

Looks like I may be completely wrong.

On 1/23/2018 at 6:01 PM, Ohbal said:

My guess is that he is not too happy with how it was done. But that's part of the deal... You can't please everyone, all the time. 

If anything deserves to be called a Sisyphean endeavour... attempting to please everyone would certainly fit the bill.

I haven't started any custom games yet, and I have no intention of doing so at the moment, but I understand the appeal. We even have the ability to share custom game settings through codes which is nice.

12 hours ago, tsrs said:

yep.  worse still you have no idea what settings correspond to which of the original difficulty levels so you really don't know if you are even getting what you want until you play for a bunch of days.  

You can select the regular difficulty modes through the custom menu to see what is set to each, and tune them to how you please from there. You may want to actually tinker with the menu more before making conclusions that aren't true.

On 1/21/2018 at 7:04 PM, Fuarian said:

What's that supposed to mean?

I mean they are obviously giving up improving the first four experience modes.  Unless they didn't realize what they were doing by releasing access to these custom modes.  I guess they could be obliviously giving it up... good luck gauging player reception to changes now. 

And good luck personally testing what any of these factors actually do for you.  8-10 hours of play just to realize you want to go back and tweek the wind patterns a skosh and add in a dash more health recovery. 

51 minutes ago, selfless said:

I mean they are obviously giving up improving the first four experience modes.  Unless they didn't realize what they were doing by releasing access to these custom modes.  I guess they could be obliviously giving it up... good luck gauging player reception to changes now. 

And good luck personally testing what any of these factors actually do for you.  8-10 hours of play just to realize you want to go back and tweek the wind patterns a skosh and add in a dash more health recovery. 

Well you have to ask yourself whether there's anything left to be improved? 

Archived