TROY

OHHH MYYYY SWEEEEET STARS!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts

I have not been online, or had to play in quite some time, as I've been busy making my dream of an off grid homestead come true, but today I popped in for a few hours of relaxing "Death by Wolves" and what do I see????  I see CUSTOM DIFFICULTY SETTINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAND SAKES!!!!!  I think I just swooned!  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

I might even forgive the broken RNG for this.   maybe not, but I'll consider it.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hinterland throws-in-the-towel on game balance and everyone celebrates.  I laugh.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GroggyNoggin By badges, do you mean feats. Is this really true? Because my progress is still progressing for Snow Walker and Fire Master as I play my custom game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2018 at 5:10 PM, selfless said:

Hinterland throws-in-the-towel on game balance and everyone celebrates.  I laugh.  

What's that supposed to mean?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/1/2018 at 1:04 AM, Fuarian said:

What's that supposed to mean?

My guess is that he is not too happy with how it was done. But that's part of the deal... You can't please everyone, all the time. 

My gaming computer exploded just before this update, which I've been waiting for years, was desployed... so I haven't been able to properly play it. Just loaded the game in the laptop to see how the options looked and while there is probably room for improvement (when there isn't?) It was definetely looking sweet.  

Edited by Ohbal
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/1/2018 at 12:32 PM, sierra 117 said:

I' guessing the achievements are disabled though. Can anyone confirm?

Why would they disable achievements? :) 
Wether its a custom game or a pilgrim game, doesn't really make achievements easier or harder.

Introducing a new game mode that can't trigger progress points for your gameplay seems fruitless and cruel. I've earned my firebadge feat in Custom, don't see why I can't earn Faithful whenever that gets fixed and 500 in it aswell.

Anyway I'm heavily on the Subnautica train now, so TLD's many unfixed issues might be fixed when I get back :)
Cya in 1.27, estimated patch for an actual Faithful Cart fix:)

Edited by Arzanot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Arzanot said:

Why would they disable achievements? :) 
Wether its a custom game or a pilgrim game, doesn't really make achievements easier or harder.

 

Yeah I agree I finally have a chance to play my favourite mode (interloper) without cabin fever ( always hated the crazy/ nonsensical routines it got you into to avoid it) so im hopeful we can still get achievements. 

Have they actually confirmed  this? 

I thought the devs had mentioned feats would be disabled, so I thought achievements would be also.

Looks like I may be completely wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only speak from live experience. Feat-progress works in Custom. Haven't reached, nor will I for quite some months, 500 days achievement. That would be the only way for me to test that aspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2018 at 6:01 PM, Ohbal said:

My guess is that he is not too happy with how it was done. But that's part of the deal... You can't please everyone, all the time. 

If anything deserves to be called a Sisyphean endeavour... attempting to please everyone would certainly fit the bill.

I haven't started any custom games yet, and I have no intention of doing so at the moment, but I understand the appeal. We even have the ability to share custom game settings through codes which is nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yep.  worse still you have no idea what settings correspond to which of the original difficulty levels so you really don't know if you are even getting what you want until you play for a bunch of days.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, tsrs said:

yep.  worse still you have no idea what settings correspond to which of the original difficulty levels so you really don't know if you are even getting what you want until you play for a bunch of days.  

You can select the regular difficulty modes through the custom menu to see what is set to each, and tune them to how you please from there. You may want to actually tinker with the menu more before making conclusions that aren't true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2018 at 7:04 PM, Fuarian said:

What's that supposed to mean?

I mean they are obviously giving up improving the first four experience modes.  Unless they didn't realize what they were doing by releasing access to these custom modes.  I guess they could be obliviously giving it up... good luck gauging player reception to changes now. 

And good luck personally testing what any of these factors actually do for you.  8-10 hours of play just to realize you want to go back and tweek the wind patterns a skosh and add in a dash more health recovery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, selfless said:

I mean they are obviously giving up improving the first four experience modes.  Unless they didn't realize what they were doing by releasing access to these custom modes.  I guess they could be obliviously giving it up... good luck gauging player reception to changes now. 

And good luck personally testing what any of these factors actually do for you.  8-10 hours of play just to realize you want to go back and tweek the wind patterns a skosh and add in a dash more health recovery. 

Well you have to ask yourself whether there's anything left to be improved? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fuarian said:

Well you have to ask yourself whether there's anything left to be improved? 

Exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now