Inner/Outer Clothing Slots.

Aagje

Would it be possible to standardize which are the "inner" and "outer" clothing slots for head, torso, legs, and socks?

As it stands, the left slot is "inner" for everything except torso, where it's the "outer" slot -- which can get a little confusing, and isn't really explained anywhere (that I've seen).

As a recommendation, I'd make the left slot the outer one for torso and head, and the right slot the outer for legs and socks -- since, well, they're further away from your character portrait. Or make it consistently either left or right.

(I totally did not just realize I've been wearing my military coat inside my mackinaw all this time... Although a moose-hide cloak inside an urban parka would be even more amusingly boneheaded.)

Yes, the hats are reversed.  They were apparently a casualty of some sloppy rearranging of the paper doll during the resolute outfitter update (they were originally on the right side).

The tooltips about what is an inner or outer layer don't help anything, ignoring them is easier than trying to make sense of them.  The entire screen (and related mechanics) could be cleaned up.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that one can only wear the Balaclava "under" a toque or scarf - i.e. only in the left head slot. (Corollary - One can never wear two Balaclavas. Makes sense - but still, alas!)

Are there other clothing items that can only be worn in the left/right slot (for a given part of the body)? One would think there should be.

1 hour ago, FormalBear said:

Are there other clothing items that can only be worn in the left/right slot (for a given part of the body)? One would think there should be.

I could be incorrect, but I believe the only other articles which are restricted in this way are the down vest and sport vest, which can only be worn in the inner slot of the inner torso (right slot).

• 1 month later...

Archived