Hammer spawn chance

Mixxut

One of the most important items in interloper is the heavy hammer. Without the hammer, there is no forging. Without forging, there is no tools. Without tools, there is now things like bows and arrows. Without bows and arrows, you're f'd.

I know the possible hammer spawns pretty well. But one thing I don't know is the spawn chance. Is there a chance that one map might not have any hammers and one map could have 3? Or is there one hammer in each region or something? 

Do you guys know anything about the spawn chances? Thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

I suppose if the RNGs were against you, it would be possible to NOT find one.

That's what I'm scared of. But would they make it to be based of RNG? I really hope not, that would really *hammer* my interloper run :S

The hammer is in the set loot tables for Interloper. Once you know which table you have you know precisely where every hammer is in your game if you're inclined to look at the tables.  I'm sure someone will be along with the link to the tables. 

The critical items are always somewhere, the game selects a random table and places the items where the selected table puts them. It isn't random at all beyond selecting the table at player spawn after that the critical items are always wherever they are for that table. These are the only hammers, saws, bedrolls and fire-strikers in Interloper. It also guarantees match generation in each zone and a few other items.

4 hours ago, Riotintheair said:

The hammer is in the set loot tables for Interloper. Once you know which table you have you know precisely where every hammer is in your game if you're inclined to look at the tables.  I'm sure someone will be along with the link to the tables. 

The critical items are always somewhere, the game selects a random table and places the items where the selected table puts them. It isn't random at all beyond selecting the table at player spawn after that the critical items are always wherever they are for that table. These are the only hammers, saws, bedrolls and fire-strikers in Interloper. It also guarantees match generation in each zone and a few other items.

Ok, thank you!

In the first Interloper test builds there was only one hammer and I seem to remember it being in the (old) forestry lookout in Mystery Lake. They soon added another three hammers that will spawn in different places but still I think you'll always find one in the (new) forestry lookout. And when you are traveling around looking for your start up items it will be extremely rare that a hammer is the last important item you find. Having just started a new game, I'm almost at the lookout and will let you know what I find. I've already found one hammer.

8 minutes ago, mystifeid said:

I'm almost at the lookout and will let you know what I find. I've already found one hammer.

Thanks. I'm on CH right now but if I can't find a hammer from there I'm gonna do a trip to ML and go get that hammer and maybe grab tha flare gun on my way back

In CH try looking beneath the crafting table at Fishing Camp and also in the endmost fishing hut nearby.

And yep, found a 100% hammer in the Forestry Lookout. I haven't been playing enough lately to say that this is a guaranteed spawn but it's certainly worth checking out if you want a hammer.

Archived