More natural resources ideas please

private duksworth

I think there is a lack of stuff that is natural in the game I mean the game gives you a aspect of never 100% relying of nature some of the time it is man made what I would like to be added is some types of edible berries but a catch some are toxic an idea to help with this is to add a note that can help identify the plants or add a botinist skill that maybe in future when they add gardening could help with the skill and help you find out what berries can be eaten or what berries could be used to make poison arrows or something 

if anyone has ideas about this idea please comment but no hating it’s just a suggestion ok thanks 

5 hours ago, private duksworth said:

what I would like to be added is some types of edible berries but a catch some are toxic an idea to help with this is to add a note that can help identify the plants or add a botinist skill

I don't agree with the rest (gardening, poisoined arrows, etc), but edible & toxic berries (or other plants) is a really good idea. The botanist skill can help you identify the berries, if that skill is low, you don't know if they are edible, non-edible, or toxic : just try if you want to know. Eating berries can afterwards improve the botanist skill (because after trying, you know by experience what to pick).

I think a system for unlocking knowledge would be great.  Books and the skill system function well already, but could be deeper.  Like the Botanist skill idea: maybe you can find more/different plants the higher your skill, or you only get a few calories at lower levels to balance it out.

But must it always be about making the game harder/easier?  Can't it just be about making it more interesting and fun to explore?  So many neat ideas come across here get shot down because it would make the game "too easy", but not everyone cares about that.

13 minutes ago, hoasd1 said:

i have idea  ice breaking look at this

You may not have already encountered this but... That's already the case. Try wandering in FM or away on the sea in CH.

On 17/01/2018 at 4:06 PM, Fuarian said:

The more natural resources added to the game the easier it will be to survive

Berries can only add a few calories, like cat tail stalks. Mix in the toxic ones, I really think that's balanced. And with the custom settings we can now decide, the easy/hard gameplay are no longer a subject.

Archived