Climbing Glitch

Avelyan

So I have encountered an unusual situation that I have never had to deal with before.  I'm in BR and deployed the climbing rope to the ravine.  Made several trips up and down over three days, always stopping to rest on the ledge on the way back up.  Sleep an hour and finish the climb.  The last trip up, I slept the hour then had to log off.  When i logged back on the next day, I'm still on the ledge (expected that), but i can no longer interact with the climbing rope.  I'm stuck on the ledge with no way up and a deadly fall down.  Has anyone else ever encountered a similar situation with climbing?  If so, were you able to resolve the issue?

This is an old bug - for example see:

I think the only ropes I can't finish climbing without a rest are the Summit rope and the Ravine Basin rope (and maybe the one you are stuck on - I can't remember - I've only been down there once). Usually I hop onto a ledge and wait thirty seconds or so until my stamina has recovered then resume climbing. Often I might take a small hit to my health from freezing while waiting on the ledge - particularly going up to the Summit.

I've never been in the situation you now find yourself in and the only advice I could offer is to crouch down and sidle off the ledge hoping you don't lose contact with the rock as you slowly lose height. But maybe someone else can be more helpful.

It truly is saddening how many long-standing bugs this game has..

Maybe it's time Hinterland put a temporary halt on new feature development and went on a bug-slaughtering crusade.. an update patch that did nothing but kill off the many bugs we've been putting up with (in some cases for years!) is long overdue and would be very welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

The only way around this is to get back to the bottom and try again.  You will be able to interact with the rope at the very bottom of whatever ravine/hill.  Getting down there is difficult, crouch and move carefully.  Take your clothes off too so you don't tear them up.  You will likely lose condition and get a few sprains.  It's a pain.  But in the immortal words of Woody, "its just falling.. with style".

• 2 weeks later...

One would think.  But this has happened to me multiple times on various ledges, and I've always found a way to get to the bottom.  I've lost up to 90% condition but never killed myself.

"Just.. get us on the ground."
"Oh that part will happen pretty definitely."

Archived