Hinterland Studios: The old Steam Achievements Icons (& HL logo) were better

Wasteland Watcher

Dear Hinterland,

The old achievement icons that looked like patches were a lot better looking.

The current ones look like the generic icons seen is thousands of other games. I hope my opinion doesn't hurt the feelings of your graphic artist that made them.
The same goes for the generic looking fox logo that Hinterland has been using for I guess a year now. The old one looks loads better.

The game itself is still great though. Thanks very much for making it!

Good point, but all these changes happened when Hinterland changed its website a few months before Story Mode; these changes represent the “maturation” of the game. 

There are a couple of things that I think they should go back to and redo, but this has been a huge step for Hinterland and they feel the need to change their branding

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2018 at 5:02 PM, EricTheGreat12 said:

Good point, but all these changes happened when Hinterland changed its website a few months before Story Mode; these changes represent the “maturation” of the game. 

There are a couple of things that I think they should go back to and redo, but this has been a huge step for Hinterland and they feel the need to change their branding

I understand all that they felt a need to "rebrand," that they did rebrand, and will probably not "go back to their roots."

However my comment above is just feedback for Hinterland so they know at least some of us prefer their "grass roots" style over their current "mainstream" style. It really is generic and even though it's disappointing compared to the old style it won't stop me from playing TLD
But I *do* mash the ESC button to skip past all their mainstream rebranded stuff.

Before I'd actually watch the whole intro video everytime.

Archived