The Trial of Issac Newton

Smert

Those bastards. I guess two weeks of this is not long enough to consider anyone a friend. It's been about a year since the quakes, and things on the mainland have been going south for sometime now. I guessed... I decided... It was my time to leave. Nothing tying me to what was home anymore. I took the first available ferry out to great bear island to see if I could make it out up north. It's cold, but there's food up there, and with no power here things have become tense and cold as the government crumbles beneath the strain of a collapsed society, the Great Collapse they call it. That's all in the past now.

I met the group two weeks ago on the trip over. Said that they were building a new society holed up in a place called Mountain Town. I admit I liked the idea, but I was naive, naive enough to believe these "settlers". Should have seen it coming from a mile away. A band of thieves. They took my coat, my food, my bed roll, and left me with tattered clothes and bruises. I have no idea where I am. All I have on me is my mother's old instant camera and the journal I had stashed, well hidden in the bag those thieves ramp-sacked.

screen_04a1e28b-7d8c-45a4-bfd5-99fbd56c1c2a_hi.thumb.png.95f742642cbc0fb6bc25a108d515c74f.png

I have to say, this is one of the most beautiful views I've ever seen, even as I freeze my ass off it's a sight for sore eyes. I see a barn in the distance, maybe I'll find someone there, or at least some shelter. "I'll die if I don't warm up soon" I whisper to myself. I'll die if I don't dodge that bear too, luckily I dodged him and was able to make it to a bright red barn,  a sight out of the wizard of oz. Found a couple of pry-bars and a tool kit. Not a great find but I should be able to defend myself if any of those thieves come back, or if anything worse comes from around the corner. 

screen_755852d7-7436-4b5a-89f0-4c60b15309b3.thumb.png.17de30d7d06f3e3bda5afec2b5acff31.png

I see a small farm house in the distance and maybe it's because my head was so thick with cold, I started running and slipped on some slick Ice covering a small creek. I gotta be more careful, can't afford to have a sprained wrist right now. I'm fine though and I scurry along to the house. KNOCK KNOCK, BANG BANG, "Anyone home!?" I don't get a reply and my heart sinks, no one's home. I break in, it's to cold for me to consider the crime right now. I ramp-sack the place from dusk till midnight finding some left over food and a can opener. The place is looks recently deserted. Being alone is gonna take its toll on me mentally, I can sense it. Back in the mainlands people flocked together and I miss the crowds. As if to mock me, while I'm repairing the clothes with cloth I ripped up from curtains around the house, I hear a familiar buzz, I haven't heard in about a year. The lights are on. Why are they on?! is someone home? how do they have power!? did I migrate only for the world to bounce back? I run into the kitchen to see if anyone is coming in from the door. No one is there, all I see is a bright green display from the window.

screen_fb4c3825-bea6-4b3e-9140-59bb021f3708_hi.thumb.png.c10933bbb175b89dcffab1587243db3f.png

I mooch back to the master bedroom upstairs. Cold beads of sweat and tears on my face. Double crossed and mocked all in one day. I eat and slump into bed just after taking this photo.

screen_984909a9-59e0-4c37-b130-4ca658c27605.thumb.png.099adec696d66b00e65e934e428e5dbf.png

I'll sleep in warmth, with my companion sorrow tonight as I tug the musty covers over my head my only thought is I'll find those bastards and make them pay for what they did to me.

This ends day one of the Trial of Issac Newton who is currently at 97% condition.

screen_968c05ee-7153-43bf-8b9e-3a7fce018b20_hi.thumb.png.ec3ce521d1e998c12e0e39295bace8e4.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived