the long dark

karimgaidi@yahoo.com

Once you collect enough rose hips (32 if memory serves) you can prepare them in your inventory (they will show as sliced). Once sliced you can cook them into a tea at any fire provided you have purified water in your inventory. Rose hip tea can then be consumed to treat a sprain. 

4 hours ago, cekivi said:

I could have sworn it was 32

Hate to admit it but I'm the same. I've often made my first cup of rosehip tea in a game with 8 rosehips left over. But this could be because I think you used to need 25 (?) which required the harvesting of the fourth bush and always you had these leftover rosehips.

On 1/9/2018 at 4:12 AM, cekivi said:

I could have sworn it was 32 :D 

Until Wintermute released, it was 25.. which was inspired evilness on someone's part, because after harvesting 3 bushes, you needed to find another bush just to get a single extra rosehip. I was so glad to see it reduced to 24 when the game was officially released.

2 hours ago, JAFO said:

Until Wintermute released, it was 25.. which was inspired evilness on someone's part, because after harvesting 3 bushes, you needed to find another bush just to get a single extra rosehip. I was so glad to see it reduced to 24 when the game was officially released.

That's why I'm thinking it was 32! :D

I remember thinking that too. It takes a lawful evil designer to require 1 extra rosehip to make a tea! :D

Archived