Weak Ice

Avelyan

Does anyone else have an issue with the weak ice game mechanics?  Here is MY issue.  How is it that a 450lb black bear carcass can sit in the middle of weak ice, yet a 200lb man can’t reach it?  How did the bear get there without going through the ice?  How is the bear still there if the ice won’t even support 200lbs?  I could understand if the weak ice warning showed up when you were very near the bear as the combined weight of the bear and the man is unsupported by the ice, but when the man is a good 60 feet from the bear and the weak ice warning shows up, it seems a little off.  Anyone else?

6 hours ago, Turbolovers said:

You wanted that the bear brought its meat and skin directly to your fire? No problem - shoot more accurately. If he ran towards the surf, then just forget it. Or just replay the episode.

It’s obvious that you completely missed the point.

6 hours ago, Turbolovers said:

The wounded beast was taught to run away. The wolf was taught to "swing the pendulum". If I could not light a fire - I need to open the topic of dry and wet firewood ???

It's amazing that you still don't get the point.  And since when survival mode has had "episodes"?

7 hours ago, Turbolovers said:
17 hours ago, Turbolovers said:

just replay the episode.

7 hours ago, Turbolovers said:

The wounded beast was taught to run away. The wolf was taught to "swing the pendulum". If I could not light a fire - I need to open the topic of dry and wet firewood ???

(Just in case)

the point being made is =

Man weighs 200lb and falls through thin ice,

Bear weighs 450lb that is over twice what the man weighs yet bear does not fall through thin ice,

On 1/4/2018 at 6:34 AM, Avelyan said:

Does anyone else have an issue with the weak ice game mechanics?  Here is MY issue.  How is it that a 450lb black bear carcass can sit in the middle of weak ice, yet a 200lb man can’t reach it?  How did the bear get there without going through the ice?  How is the bear still there if the ice won’t even support 200lbs?  I could understand if the weak ice warning showed up when you were very near the bear as the combined weight of the bear and the man is unsupported by the ice, but when the man is a good 60 feet from the bear and the weak ice warning shows up, it seems a little off.  Anyone else?

We're aware this can happen. It's an area of complexity in the game we'll revisit when when and if it makes sense to down the road. 

And as a reminder, please don't derail threads with bickering and off-topic comments. Thank you. :rabbit:

Thanks Patrick.  I was only trying to bring to light the slightly off game mechanics of thin ice and the creatures who cross it.  As you stated, you are well aware of it, so I will leave it in your capable hands.  Keep up the good work.

Archived