Regions untouched by humans

PKKSP

Sometimes i feel that there aren't any seriously wild places in this game. Yeah, there is Timberwolf Mountain, but a plane crashed there. I want a place, where I can observe the nature, kind of north-east Mystery Lake map. Yeah, it would be hard to survive there, but also there will be some rare things that you won't find in other regions (such as kinda deer herds or wolfpacks). Sorry for my English :)

7 hours ago, writeright1 said:

I'm the opposite, I want more abandoned urban areas.  I want to see the airport, prison and urban center of the island and at the ferry landing there might be a boat you can use to escape the island.

Given how dismal Carter Dam and Hibernia are, I can just imagine what Hinterland could do with an abandoned prison.  That would be great.

I feel like no where on Great Bear has there been an untainted place where humans have intervened however. The hoarder in me says to compromise. Something along the lines of “Lots and lots of environmental challenges and lack of shelter in exchange for an eventual pay off of some kind of loot.” Basically I want another Timber Wolf Mountain. I know it sounds stupid but sometimes you have to justify why your character needs to trek out to an isolated region with nothing but reshi mushrooms and cat-tail stalks.

Speaking of TWM maybe when they add a new region they’ll have more MREs?

A future 'map creator' feature when modding support is released would be great for this, as I strongly doubt any new regions will be added to the vanilla game .... I could be proven wrong there though. But I'm in agreement with both sides here .... I'd love a region with no man made structures at all, and I'd also love to see Milton get an expansion to it's building count .... a lot more industrial / commercial buildings, etc. Who knows what will come with mod support, I'm really hoping we'll get a map creator to accompany a way to make new community made challenges.

I think that one thing that would benefit this game greatly would be an area that is very wooden, with maybe a few cabins spread around the map. Pleasant Valley is a great map because the majority of it is just simply woodland; I've played more than 200 hours on the Long Dark, yet I cannot survive away from the Farm and into the forest surrounding it because I can't stand it. 

Raph stated in the ama that they are planning for more developed industrial regions as well as regions similar to Pleasant Valley and Broken Highway. We shall see ...

On 1/11/2018 at 1:21 PM, MRE_MAN said:

I feel like no where on Great Bear has there been an untainted place where humans have intervened however. The hoarder in me says to compromise. Something along the lines of “Lots and lots of environmental challenges and lack of shelter in exchange for an eventual pay off of some kind of loot.” Basically I want another Timber Wolf Mountain. I know it sounds stupid but sometimes you have to justify why your character needs to trek out to an isolated region with nothing but reshi mushrooms and cat-tail stalks.

Speaking of TWM maybe when they add a new region they’ll have more MREs?

Maybe what you could trek out into the wilderness for would be the cockpit of the plane that crashed on the mountain.  Would there be any kind of powerful emergency radio or tracking device in there that could be used to send a message to the outside world?

On 1/15/2018 at 10:52 AM, writeright1 said:

Maybe what you could trek out into the wilderness for would be the cockpit of the plane that crashed on the mountain.  Would there be any kind of powerful emergency radio or tracking device in there that could be used to send a message to the outside world?

Like I said TWM. Though there’s one thing that really grinds my gears. Nowhere in TLD is there currently an Airstrip. A MASSIVE Transport Plane crashes in TWM and your little Cessna crashes in Milton- YET- Nowhere are of yet is there an airport nor any suitable landing areas. Especially for a massive plan like in TWM.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2018 at 1:58 PM, hozz1235 said:

Maybe in the next land expansion?

I'm assuming wherever Mackenzie was heading to drop Astrid off with the medicine is where the two will eventually wind up in the end, so possibly episode 5? Id love to see an Airstrip. Bush planes can land about anywhere its flat enough if theyre equipped with skis, but from my memory, Will's plane didnt have any snow-gear? I may be wrong.

Also, I dont think the outside world cares enough about Great Bear to send rescue even if we find a working radio. They didnt help after the quakes and let the infrastructure rot for years. After the global power outage I'm assuming Great Bear is as good as gone except for maybe a few families with relatives there.

• 3 months later...
On 1/17/2018 at 10:54 PM, MRE_MAN said:

Like I said TWM. Though there’s one thing that really grinds my gears. Nowhere in TLD is there currently an Airstrip. A MASSIVE Transport Plane crashes in TWM and your little Cessna crashes in Milton- YET- Nowhere are of yet is there an airport nor any suitable landing areas. Especially for a massive plan like in TWM.

Planes don't always crash near airports/airstrips.

The thing is, there won't be any fishing there if there's no made-made structures. And that's a shame. I know other regions lack fishing already, but I'd like it if there could be a way to catch fish without huts, perhaps.

But I too am pretty excited to see how the new place plays. I imagine man-made loot will be pretty rare there, so as a starting region it could be really tough (as long as it isn't too easy to escape quickly).

If you skip back the pages to TLD's kickstarter campaign, you will find this picture of a (likely abandoned) airfield:

f87ce53a0bd4f53e8fb7bd23767ffd5d_original.jpg

As I recall this was just a potential setting and not promised, but you can see that the thought of there being an airfield did well cross their minds. So it could still be coming.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@gnomegnine : would you please stop exhuming old posts please ? I am no moderator, but all it does is make the reading more complicated. However, that would be interesting if you added new ideas, analysis and suggestions. But right now, I guess everyone is already well aware of the existence of HRV.  ;) Thanks !

Guest Gamer935
On 06/01/2018 at 7:37 AM, writeright1 said:

I'm the opposite, I want more abandoned urban areas.  I want to see the airport, prison and urban center of the island and at the ferry landing there might be a boat you can use to escape the island.

Same here 

Archived