Question about the TWM region

strongpelt

How do you guys bring all that glorious loot down from the summit? It has great loot however I don't know how on earth to bring it down off the summit without making a 100 trips. Do you guys just live on the summit until the supplies runs out? Do you just grab a few things and carry on? Any tips will be appreciated. 

34 minutes ago, MayGyver said:

You can easily get 30kg  (40 kg with 2 moose-hide satchels)

I need to wear clothes and carry food with me too so a full 30kg isn't possible. Also you can only wear one moosehide sachel. 

And i figured all of it would come. There's a lot of heavy tools up there along with a lot of food and soda and extra clothes. 

1. leave all meat behind, it decays too fast, fish too

2. harvest unneccesary clothes and boots, materials weight less

3. prepare rose hips and reishi mushrooms as prepared weight less, do not prepare old man's beard wound dressings, they weight more than materials

4. leave all unnecessary deer  pelts, rabbit pelts, guts etc. it's very easy to get them on other locations

5. split stuff in few piles which can be taken to climbing rope in 1 run

6. take 1 pile of stuff and leave it at climbing rope in PV

7. repeat p.6 until there is no stuff you want to take

8. you dont need food when you are moving stuff and only basic clothes are enough

9. when you move everything to climbing rope, start moving it down

10. when you get tired drink coffe or sleep in bedroll in destroyed hut next to climbing rope

11. some wood might be needed to survive sudden blizzard

12. you can be overburdened while moving stuff to climbing rope, you just cant while climbing

13. water is easy to get, dont take it

14. use all lamp oil to train firestarter skill before you move out, leave all tinder

15. harvest oil lamps, i cant remember when i needed more than 2

16. if you want to move some clothes and not harvest them, repair them instead

2 hours ago, cekivi said:

Great general tips @MayGyver and welcome to the forums ^_^

There's also a way down from the summit @strongpelt without using ropes if you're careful ;)

The summit of Timberwolf mountain have filled me with dread ever since I first heard of its existence. So before my first attempt to scale the summit I did extensive research. And I have to say that I am really happy that there's a possibility of making the descent without the use of climbing ropes. It is not without a whole heap of danger, but that makes it more fun and nerve wrecking. :) I won't spoil anything here, but if someone wants more information on how to get down from the summit without ropes, please feel free to send me a PM. (I was lucky though, a snowstorm didn't catch up to me until I was fairly close to Crystal lake. I am sure I wouldn't have made it otherwise because a rather unkind beer and a few brawly wolves ran off with my clothing and medical supplies.)

14 hours ago, strongpelt said:

How do you guys bring all that glorious loot down from the summit? It has great loot however I don't know how on earth to bring it down off the summit without making a 100 trips. Do you guys just live on the summit until the supplies runs out? Do you just grab a few things and carry on? Any tips will be appreciated. 

4 hours ago, cekivi said:

There's also a way down from the summit @strongpelt without using ropes if you're careful ;)

That's very true, i wanted a second wool underwear since i started the survival mode, but i spent so much time in ML, so when i finally was on the top of TWM and found 3 of them, all 3 was ruined, so i was so disapointed that i tried to jump down the mountain to die:D, but i survived with very little life left and walked slowly down rest of the mountain, i walked with my head down and sad, with only one wool underwear to my cabin...

But i have to climb up again at some point, because i didn't take with me anyting of all the good stuff i found up there :$:D.

7 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Not sure if this is an exploit or not, but I can pretty much descend anything but a cliff by just crouching and slowly inching your way down.

Half exploit and half intentional would be my guess. There are areas in the game specifically made to be traversable by crouch walking down.  

If you can survive, there is nothing of value in the tail of the aircraft. Cartridges as an exception. I also confirm that from this place you can go down to the hut without using ropes. From the tail of the plane get down to the left engine gently, then turn left. The last rope can also be ignored - there is a descent nearby. This transition took less than a quarter of a day. Injuries were not. I did not use squats.

• 6 months later...
On 12/28/2017 at 8:16 AM, Jolan said:

I still think we should be able to train a wolf to pull a sled, name him Max and pile it on

Haha! Imagine if you could locate a wolf den and when papa & mama are out hunting and grab a wolf pup for your own. Amagad.

Archived