some ideas i had

exeexe

If its snowing there should be deep snow and you cant sprain ankle or wrist in deep snow. The downside is it should cost more calories to walk in deep snow.

If you fall into water there should be a chance your rifle ammo would get wet and maybe ruined or need some days to dry

If you are near very warmth place and is carrying ammunition the ammunition could go off and injure you with blood loss, and you need bandage to heal it.

When a moose reach you it could take some condition maybe 50% of a bow or the riffle or until it reaches 25%.

When the sun is out so that u can make fire with magn glass, you could risk getting snowblind if its for too long. To heal snowblind you must be outside in the nighthours for 4 hours without interruption in 3 nights.

• 2 months later...

I actually like these.

Though there is some sort of dynamic disadvantage for walking in snow vs on a road (slower, at the very least).

Snowblindness is a definite thing that in reality would be a problem for me. I'd like to see snow goggles put into the game. Or sunglasses. Whichever.

• 1 month later...

1) Deep Snow: Sprains in the game are not really "sprains". More like "Twisted it the wrong way and I need to get off my feet for a few hours." Or, slipped and caught myself, but put too much strain on my wrist/elbow.

I broke my ankle once falling down exactly ONE step.

I broke both legs falling down 2 Steps.

I fear what might happen to me if I ever fall down a full flight of stairs.

Sprains are more akin to "You pushed yourself past your limit of endurance and your body is telling you to slow the hell down." then actual sprains. This is the limitation of all simulations. You must sacrifice realism for game balance.

2) Falling Into Water: Used to be when you fell into water your matches were all ruined. Which in many cases ended the game. Just not fun, so removed. Also, Most case ammunition can survive direct immersion easily. In face, rounds from ship wrecks over 70 years old have be test fired as still worked. 70 years until SALT water.

Most rounds could go through a washing machine and still be viable. It's the quality of the manufacturer, really. Since the bullets are interchangeable, I see no reason for this game mechanic.

3) Exploding Ammo: Nonsense. The bullet needs to heated to such a high temp before it will "cook off" that the lead in the bullet will melt LONG before ignition. So when it did finally explode, it's be a harmless fire cracker. The Movies make it look like you toss a bunch of bullets into a fire and then they all explode and fire all about killing a bunch of people. However, in reality, that's utter nonsense.

Furthermore, the laws of thermodynamics will have your body draw down outside temperatures, so any ammo on your person would be far cooler then the temp needed to "cook off". If your ammo starts exploding in your pocket, you are already a charbroil briquette.

4) Moose: It already damaged your clothing. Why would it target your weapon? What if you aren't holding a weapon? Why just weapons? Why not everything you own? If not, why only part of your equipment? Does it also destroy food? How about wolves? Or Bears? Or falling?

Don't see a point and don't see where you draw the line.

5) Snow blindness is Sun Burn on the inside of your eye caused by UV radiation. It can go through clouds just fine. If you actually implement the mechanic, then you are basically screwing people over for operating out in the day. Yes, the addition of "snow goggles" such as those crafted by the Inuit would make sense, are you going to open up a new body slot for them?

And snow blindness can heal in 24 hours. Simulating the effects, the cure times, as well as tracking would be quite difficult to code. That all said, maybe it'd be an interesting mechanic.

However, the point of the game is how visually appealing it is. Why would the developers ever make it HARDER to see the thing you paid money for?

Archived