The end of the world

kopo79

I play with custom settings...(8o2o-UhlZ-NREf-ZCGG-RgAA)...also my english is not that good for storytelling but i try...

Day 1
"The end of the world"

I always thought that end of the world comes with meteorites,plagues or something like that,but eternal winter!!!...Its ridiculous
Yeah,i like that, summers are nice and warm and winter is like winter,not middle-way....but this is over the top...Too cold.Just now,outside -46c *hrrrr*
I really don`t know what this is, suddenly those auroras just went crazy, temperatures went crazy...Maybe i became crazy?
It seems that all electricity is off,phones not working anymore.

I`m just thinking that, is this global phenomenon? how is my family back in Finland?
I came to Canada to experience pure wilderness,thought we have something similar in Finland but not in this size.
I`m writing this inside of some cabin where i found some useful stuff,some medical items and some food that i can spent few days here.
Also cabin has a small wood stove and its making things a little bit enjoyable when making fire in it...warm and nice.
When the cars battery failed i managed to take some stuff with me...My precious camera and my MP3 player...i love listening music
when travelling...funny thing is that i`m listening right now christmas songs...so yeah.."let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"
Its getting dark and wind is getting furious...time to go bed.
Good night...-Mika-

Day 3
"Sorry Roger"
Yesterday, i found some dead deer but because of this cursed and huge Fimbulwinter, it was completely frozen.
But i got some crazy idea to put fires beside the carcass to melt it.
After a few hours of grilling the carcass, i managed to take meat from it...What a MacGyver i am!
But with bare hands, it was quite difficult and messy job to do, so i need to find some meatcutter as soon as possible.
With some tools, making firewood would be also so much easier than bare hands.
MacGyver without Swiss army knife is just...hmm...Gyver?

Today i became also Crocodile Dundee or some sort of. I hunted two rabbits with the stones....with the stones!,can you imagine?
After maybe twenty rocks,i became master of hunting, swing and headshot.
Hardest part for me was breaking the rabbits neck, that sound, crickle,crackle and pop and then squeeeee!!!...
But hey Roger Rabbit...I got to eat something.

But now food is getting low. That worries me most.
I only have dogfood left...So that makes me just like Lassie, that annoying dog in films.
But really...Tomorrow i have to go. I`m gonna leave this place.
I have strength  to travel now but maybe next week i`m too weak to move so its got to happen now.
I`m just hoping that tomorrows weather is just sunshine,birds singing and signs of spring is among us...But let me guess...Raging blizzard.
Wish me luck -Mika-

3A475DC17C2DC1EE96712F1A8457468C40C6E616

Day 5
"Curious bastard"

Fourth day was difficult.
I left at morning from the cabin but my journey almost ended before it started.
I hurt my leg, not serious but pain was too much for me to run.
I was forced to make decision to go back to cabin or then just continue slowly.
Continuing was only option because cabin was empty and i was running low on supplies.
I found some smaller cabin and decided to rest there...It was wise move because huge blizzard almost caught me...It lasted whole day and half the night.
Day 5 morning, all my food was eated...dogfoods and one candy bar....Again i was forced to move.
In distance i saw two towers,some radio tower and some lookout tower...Maybe my last hope.
There was nothing...Both places empty...No food...no tools, I was cursed and in my mind, i was loosing hope.
Also, i was chased by the wolf...Thank god i was resting my leg previous night because wolf was so interested about me
Guess them are hungry also...But i could run and boy, i runned fast.
But then, after that curious wolf, i saw some red in far away, new cabin with Canadian flag.
Cabin was on shore of lake and also some fishing hut or whatever they were was seen in a lake.
No rest for the wicked, i decided to search those little fishing huts before the evening and....
HALLELUJA!!!FOODS,DRINKS AND...*drumssound*...A goddamn rifle.
Holy sheet.i allready had some bullets so this is very good news for me.
You dont know how happy i am.
In very near future,I go hunt that curious bastard.
-Mika-

A1B626037EB2AB41D080CB820823B46006108C57

C61026D1D08F4C8AE5FA0424E6E675DF3EEC7DC8

FB5036D07E42A010AAA20FB76EE774AE21719EC0

Day 9
"Fenrir ,the wolf of the zoo"

At day 6 i killed that curious bastard with one shot to the head...But this place is just like some wolf-zoo.
From the lake cabin to this dam where i am know, i have killed three wolfs. Two of them was clear shots but one caught me at some train-carriage.
It was just small bite to my hand, so i was forced to go back lake cabin to treat my wounds.
Also blizzard forced me to stay at cabin

Eight day morning i decided to follow the train rails. There was tunnel on other end but didnt want to go there so i followed tracks other way.
I found this dam and also one furious wolf.
I try to shot it but i missed three bullets and then it attacked me...I smashed it with my hammer but it managed to bite me
and also that bastard broke my good winter jacket. Thanks for that.
Wound in my leg and hand i limped inside the dam.

I named it Fenrir. Name comes from norske mythology, from the wolf who killed Odin, the leader of gods.
If i kill the Fenrir, guess it makes me Vidar?
Vidar was Odins son, who avenged his father death by stabbing the Fenrir to it`s death.
I would be very happy if there could find some good books to read, example, Edda`s poets or some Stephen Kings books...
but i have found only M.Hunters "wilderness kitchen" and Anne Smiths book about ice fishing.
Maybe practical but really doesn`t fill those lonely,boring moments.

Fenrir know that i`m inside of this dam and maybe waiting me to come outside but i have to be ready for it.
Fully loaded, fully healed and instincts sharpen as knife.
I guess that wolfs moving in packs but sometimes finding food separately.
Maybe its last one alive in pack.
I don`t know.
I haven`t manage to search whole dam yet,but already found more bullets,more matches and also storm lanter.
Food is low but really hope that i find something more from this place because wolf meat what i ate few days ago
its not good for my stomach.
But hey,i found coffee...End of the world is not that bad anymore.
Night is coming...time to go bed.
Happy new year.
-Vidar-:D

Day 15
"Diy"

I`m back in cabin lake.
I`m sick but i have antibiotics and i really hope that these pills work.
It`s some kind of stomach pain. I don`t know where i got it, maybe from meat because...
Few days ago i was hunting a deer with my rifle. First shot went in to the trees  and deer start to run away but then wolf attacked it.
I was amazed that wolf appeared from nowhere and attacked it but then i realized that it`s gonna eat my food...
I killed the thief.
I think that it was that deer`s meat what caused for me these pains.
I`m not sure if i dare to eat anymore that deer`s meat. I don`t wanna be sick again, so maybe i`m forced to throw it away.

I needed backup plan because my only food was contaminated.
Cured guts, some metal garbages and tadaa!!!...i went to the fishing and god i`m good fisher.
Only thing that i could not do was Fisherman`s friend...Alcoholic beverage to warm the freezing fisher.

I`m not "do it yourself" man if you see me like that but maybe in some circumstances every human comes a one.
When you are forced to do things outside your imagination and "comfortzone" you can do things that you ever would do in normal circumstances
I have crafted fishing thingy from dead animal guts.
I have repaired my clothes with mending kit.
I have drawn map with coal.
All kinds of Bear Grylls shit.
Oh, also killed wolfs with my rifle like a real hunter.
About the wolfs...
When i left from dam, Fenrir was waiting me...this time it was me in charge.
With one shot...The mystic wolf of ragnarök was dead...And because i`m crazy badass, i made dinner from it.
Hmm just,thinking if these stomach pains are sounds of revenge from the pet cemetery?
Fenrir haunts me.
Ok, It`s time to take pills and listen some music...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03X0B6u-AxM

A2B2B4D907645B8F1F13296E5098EEEE66795D28

2F04D4CF158778AF9CF39FCC01915AC2B9A599C0

F665352BC8B0BD1584B948EC1EE2C006F02EB08A

• 1 month later...

Day 17
"Sanctuary"

I left.
I liked that place but really...All my supplies are running low.
I have food for maybe few weeks so this was right time to move on.
Also i need to find more antibiotics for future.
I travelled through some ravine and managed to spot few beatiful places...some old trainbridge.
Going over to the otherside on that bridge was most terrifying thing to do here...
What comes in my illness...its still on.
I take antibiotics every day and also through studying few books here,some mushrooms gives antibiotic effects.
I really dont believe that kind of bullshit but my own mushroom tea gives warmth and tastes kind of Salmiakki.
Weather was nice to travel, not too cold,not too windy.
After some time going "zic zac" in snowy forest, i almost lost my hope for my new sanctuary but suddenly in far ahead i noticed some houses.
This is beautiful place...
Sanctuary...for a while,
temporarily,
Like life.
-Mika-

DA7BDCA6599FC1653BC33A3B57D0EA4F6E3C3810

B0D4A40D7374FFBC9E08EFAE283D38E031C8FB0F

48B6E5960E15B579759C7B0D055663660DFD7D31

314CBDD809FD09CB91381227EC7EA8F76E40A037

• 4 weeks later...

DAY 20
"Sounds,noises,is those real?or am i going crazy?"

Three days have passed, i`m still eating medicines for my stomach problems but it`s getting better.
I searched every houses on coastline and also visited few cabins on islands....plenty of food and medicines...it was good run.
Also there was some gas station...I spent two nights on there but really didn`t like the place...too noisy when is windy.....and its always windy here.
It was causing headache...clonking sound night and day.
When i was feeling strong enough i decided to leave the place.

I travelled through some cave, it was quite scary thing to do but i think that it was maybe safer path to go forward despite all the falling rock sounds.
I thought that maybe this cave gonna collapse on me...very safe.
I arrived to some fish processing facilite and decided to stay for the night here.
Tomorrow i`m gonna search this place and making my new plans for my escape this winter wonderland.
I got my idea for "salvation" from plane that is circulating in this area....i haven`t seen it but i have heard it...
Hell,i don`t even know if its just my disease and some hallucination but its just some hope.
Maybe someone is looking me...
I have plan to stay here for few days,making inventory to how much i have medicines and food.
Also wanna feel like cured from my disease...Then when everything is perfect and i feel like Bear grylls with the mix of rambo...
...I start my preparations to my "salvation".

B6E55D6ADCA29062DE90BF8256269292967C5E4E

02060DC2EB46D77BDF88704DFE76BE29C3192220

78CD6813E20F649C63141F514713545AAC7CB84C

3AC4BDD305409AB148BBD14766E8DC9B32913178

862C14FAD68904389FFCA886691D14B7370C1B85

The end of the world.

Character died in ravine...could not get up,no firewood...frozen to death.
His last mission was to go in ravine to get distress pistol and go back to desolation point lighthouse and wait the plane.
Using multiple fires and distress pistol was plan to get noticed but life ended in bottom of ravine.

Mika survived 28 days.

F2556FC94909259BFB353E550A9FA454D0F07F33

DE35273931FFDAAC37E9DBB05362D29D883F9984

last song...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey!...thanks for everyone who  read my story...too bad that my character died and i invested him a lot but i thought that i put the setting "wake character when freezing" on but....
its more fun playing when you put some background on character in creative way before you start to play.
i would like to make maybe some sequal for this story....but cant create anything.
but thanks for everyone....this community seems quite nice.

Archived