Make the world feel less empty.

VR00MER28

To make the world feel less empty they could make gun shots in the distance and\or distress pistols in the far distance, also, to make it a bit more creepy put in distant screams.  This could help make the game more fun and creepy, and make you feel less alone and isolated, and encourage you to continue to survive to find others. (And multiplayer would be awesome)

This is a quiet quiet apocalypse, not a survival horror walking dead game. I can't really see what is fun about having a relaxing day and then suddenly "BAM BAM AAAAAAAAA BAM!!!!!!!"

It would feel so uncomfortable and scare new players away.

I mean the carter hydro dam was creepy enough when Fluffy was the Queen there.

On 12/26/2017 at 8:04 AM, Fuarian said:

I like the idea of maybe seeing a plume of smoke in the distance. 

Only on a clear and calm day... And only if they could have non-beast npcs in the game that if you get there quick enough you can meet them.

On 26. 12. 2017 at 8:26 AM, Mixxut said:

This is a quiet quiet apocalypse, not a survival horror walking dead game. I can't really see what is fun about having a relaxing day and then suddenly "BAM BAM AAAAAAAAA BAM!!!!!!!"

It would feel so uncomfortable and scare new players away.

I mean the carter hydro dam was creepy enough when Fluffy was the Queen there.

Couldnt agree more. No, those things are not something you would see in the middle of canadian wilderness.

What you are describing seems a lot more like "NPC random encounters" which was one of the roadmaps in the past. Not sure if this is still intended - most people didnt like the idea of having NPC encounters in the game. We will see in due time - I suppose there could be a random encounter when you would hear a distress pistol fire up into the air, and it would be stranded NPC which you could rescue in time for a reward of some sort, and a good feeling. But I dont think its likely that we will see NPCs in the game, because it could very easily mess with the ESRB ratings if the player was able to shoot other people.

But I agree with @Mixxut , this is not a horror survival game, just a survival game. Any creepy sounds you might hear are caused by your own imagination, with maybe a very tiny help of ambient sounds.

Archived