Hardcore setting for custom toolbox

Tsayers1068

Well, then you would have to change it so that the level 5 cooking skill prevents you from contracting diseases and food poisoning from the cooked food, as well.

I dont think this is neccesary, but perhaps an option where the "food condition recovered" is smaller - the extreme setting could be the one you suggest, where there would be no recovery at all.

I think it is this way to discourage people from just "munching" on the fresh meat right away, which is usually pretty safe to eat if the kill is super fresh. But because the meat spoils very fast while its still on the "carcass", if there was no way to recover that condition through cooking, most of the meat on your kill would be too risky to eat. 

So if this were to happen, then the food you would get from the carcass would need to spoil slower. This also provides a problem - if this did happen, then you wouldnt have to be in rush to find your kill, because you would know the meat on it wont spoil for a long time. 

Unless, a third option: Cooking the meat will slow down the degradation significantly. But, that just means people would start storing down cooked meat instead of the fresh one. 

I dont really see a good way to make this work. The way it does right now is somewhat strange, but the added bonus of 50% + condition helps to "balance out" the fact that meat seems to rot inside of carcasses really, really fast - to force players to look for their kills as soon as possible if they want the best quality meat that lasts a long while.

Archived