Moose On Broken Railroad?

Ahatch

I have not seen any but kinda stuck in the hunting lodge side of the map , shot a couple bears so waiting for the second bear hide to cure , have tonnes of meat to cook , going to scout  around but this map is a little closed in, thinking of checking out the area with the gate for the moose or perhaps the pond with the log crossing near the start of the map . But more than likely it's back to Forlorn Muskeg :) 

2 hours ago, Ahatch said:

I would be tempted to leave that one by the quonset alone

It was funny because I didn't notice the moose for a couple of days and for the life of me couldn't work out why there were never any wolves around.

Straight after I carved the first piece of meat off the moose carcass however, three wolves turned up.

7 hours ago, Fuarian said:

I've seen one at the Lodge.

This one showed up the day after I killed two wolves outside the Lodge. I threw caution to the wind and crept up as close as I dared.

The first arrow killed it.

screen_d2c57292-5a08-4276-85f7-ccfb2c6aa926_hi.thumb.png.2740d5fd3791d780406c9f91ed9c6bbc.png

Third moose this game and the biggest one yet - 40.5 kg of meat.

I wonder if a second satchel does anything. The moose cloak was a disappointment - it's not warm enough and only 10% more waterproof than a bearskin jacket so I went back to wearing wolfskin and bearskin jackets. 

2 hours ago, mystifeid said:

I wonder if a second satchel does anything.

You can only wear one satchel at a time.

P. S. In defence of the moose cloak, it has a smaller mobility restriction than the wolf skin & bear skin coats, as well as more defence.

3 hours ago, Sharky said:

You can only wear one satchel at a time.

Rats. (Tried it anyway)

3 hours ago, Sharky said:

In defence of the moose cloak, it has a smaller mobility restriction than the wolf skin & bear skin coats, as well as more defence.

True, and it is also a bit lighter than a bearskin coat but warmth is everything to me. If the moose cloak was warmer it really would be a "rare trophy."

4 hours ago, JAFO said:

Congratulations! Where did the arrow hit?

The neck seems like the go.

1 hour ago, Smilezz_g21 said:

Havent made the satchel yet but can it be filled up and droped like a container or do your wieght number just increase when equipt

The latter unfortunately. You equip it in an accessory slot and that's as much as you get to use the satchel.

I tend to notice it most when ferrying loads up and down ropes. The weight limit on ropes was introduced after I was really playing this game a lot so I'll have a bit of a rant here.

This mechanism is so contrived as to make cabin fever look like a great idea.

Yeah it makes the game harder but it also makes it boring.

Why wouldn't I leave my pack tied to the end of the rope so I could pull it up after climbing the rope or lower my pack before descending.

It sucks.

How is this person climbing a rope anyway. While there is method for climbing ropes without equipment it would be difficult on a typical 11mm climbing rope while carrying no extra weight - especially in sub-zero temperatures and unless the person was sufficiently acclimated to vertical environments would most probably meet The Fear fifty feet off the deck then fall to their death/disfigurement.

For heavens sake make the character find a set of jugs and ets somewhere so they can carry whatever they want up the rope. And a descender for the descent. Maybe fashion a harny from some tape and a krab.

Skill books to first allow touching a rope and then improve ability/speed.

On 12/18/2017 at 10:09 PM, mystifeid said:

This one showed up the day after I killed two wolves outside the Lodge. I threw caution to the wind and crept up as close as I dared.

The first arrow killed it.

screen_d2c57292-5a08-4276-85f7-ccfb2c6aa926_hi.thumb.png.2740d5fd3791d780406c9f91ed9c6bbc.png

I wonder if a second satchel does anything. The moose cloak was a disappointment - it's not warm enough and only 10% more waterproof than a bearskin jacket so I went back to wearing wolfskin and bearskin jackets. 

Well .... looks like I might have to stick around and see if one shows up :) 

On 12/18/2017 at 11:09 PM, mystifeid said:

Yeah!  @mystifeid is back!  :D  And from the sounds of it, quickly becoming the greatest threat to moose, just like the wolves. :D

What was that personal challenge you used to do?  Something like 250 dead wolves in 250 days in Interloper?  Not sure what the respawn rate is for the moose yet, but I'll be interested to see just how many of them you can kill. :)

5 hours ago, Timber Wolf said:

Something like 250 dead wolves in 250 days in Interloper?

Um no. Wish I could've though. My best was 151 in 200 days of Interloper. It used to be pretty tricky just finding that many - that game took around 500km of walking - but with the new areas and scent mechanics it would be much easier now. Very easy to forget too, how much practice (ie deaths) that took - shooting that many charging wolves. (For the uninitiated - why charging? Because it's fast.) For those tempted to try it that game also featured my own "custom" game settings:

- no feat buffs
- no fishing
- no snaring
- no impro hatchet
- no research

I have also found a moose at the hunting lodge. First one. Custom game with moose and respawn both set to max and rifle availability on.  I was about to give up. Found him after spending about 10 nights at the hunting lodge, right before dawn. The sun hadn't broken the horizon yet, but the sky was glowing pretty bright and there was orange light streaming through the windows of the lodge. I came out of the lodge, via the door by the fireplace, and there was a moose right across the marsh from the lodge. I climbed up the fallen tree by the cars (having heard all the broken rib stories) and shot him in the front shoulder with a rifle. He was all the way across the marsh, farther than I would usually take rifle shots, but he was a pretty big target and he stopped frequently, posting up for nice broadside shots. He ran each time I shot him, but never spotted me. He dropped on the 3rd shot. Over 90 lbs of meat.

On 12/21/2017 at 12:56 AM, mystifeid said:

Um no. Wish I could've though. My best was 151 in 200 days of Interloper. It used to be pretty tricky just finding that many - that game took around 500km of walking - but with the new areas and scent mechanics it would be much easier now. Very easy to forget too, how much practice (ie deaths) that took - shooting that many charging wolves.

Interloper with a rifle? And that many bullets? O.o

Archived