Faithful Cartographer Achievement Locations in The Long Dark [SPOILERS] - Updated for VIGILANT FLAME

Admin

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Ruruwawa said:

@derechtegraf1 I didn't spot any missing locations/icons on your maps.  Which platform (xbox, steam, ps4)?  How old is your saved game? 

Xbox One - brand new game on v1.30. It's the one I mentioned in my last comments, just got around to posting the screenshots now.
No clue why it seems to be working in the Xbox testing environment but not the "real world".

Keeping my hopes up for the next patch ;)

On 4-6-2018 at 2:23 AM, Ruruwawa said:

I hope they get it sorted out for you and the other xbox survivors, @derechtegraf1

I have the same maps mapped, icons and location triggers, but I have the same problem. I play it on pc with steam, it's also a fresh game I started on the latest build but the achievement doesn't trigger. Not sure why that is, because every icon and location trigger is mapped.

@Damius are you sure you got them all?  I also believed I had everything, then got a friend to look and he spotted one I'd missed (also Steam/PC, also a fresh game).  For me it was an icon I missed, not a location.   I remember mapping that icon and checking my map to be sure I had it, but somehow it wasn't mapped later on.  Maybe a sync problem with Steam?  Dunno, but steam seems to forget I'm logged in a lot lately.

If you want a second pair of eyes to double check, post your maps here and I'll take a look.

12 hours ago, Ruruwawa said:

@Damius are you sure you got them all?  I also believed I had everything, then got a friend to look and he spotted one I'd missed (also Steam/PC, also a fresh game).  For me it was an icon I missed, not a location.   I remember mapping that icon and checking my map to be sure I had it, but somehow it wasn't mapped later on.  Maybe a sync problem with Steam?  Dunno, but steam seems to forget I'm logged in a lot lately.

If you want a second pair of eyes to double check, post your maps here and I'll take a look.

Yeah sure, here they are, maybe I'm just staring at them too much and overlook something.

Broken Railroad.png

Coastal Highway.png

Crumbling Highway.png

Desolation Point.png

Forlorn Muskeg.png

Mountain Town.png

Mystery Lake.png

Pleasant Valley.png

Ravine.png

Timberwolf Mountain.png

Winding River.png

8 hours ago, Damius said:

Yeah sure, here they are, maybe I'm just staring at them too much and overlook something.

Yep, you missed something.  This is the only miss I spotted -- I hope it's enough to finish the achievement for you.

Mystery Lake - Destroyed Lookout

1 hour ago, Ruruwawa said:

Yep, you missed something.  This is the only miss I spotted -- I hope it's enough to finish the achievement for you.

Reveal hidden contents

Mystery Lake - Destroyed Lookout

Oh dear, that did it, thank you very much.

Funny thing the Camp Office is my home base, but I know what the problem was, I died on an earlier and similar run(220ish days) and completely mapped ML first on that run. On the run I am now, I just did it loosely whenever I travelled somewhere or was out hunting. Staring at the maps now I didn't caught it myself and probably wouldn't have for atleast a while...hahaha.

I can not get the stone church icon to appear on my map. Journal says I have explored %100 percent of the world. So the bottom line is that one has to start a new game and start a new map  to get the achievement. I will never be able to the achievement otherwise if I have a long running game?

I'm proud to report that I have been the very first gamer on Xbox to pop the achievement, now with version 1.33 and Hushed River Valley exploration / mapping.

It should be noted though that I have mapped all but two HRV locations - was missing Valley View Point and Many Falls Vista, yet the achievement popped.

Many thanks to Hinterland for fixing the bug!

35 minutes ago, derechtegraf1 said:

I'm proud to report that I have been the very first gamer on Xbox to pop the achievement, now with version 1.33 and Hushed River Valley exploration / mapping.

It should be noted though that I have mapped all but two HRV locations - was missing Valley View Point and Many Falls Vista, yet the achievement popped.

Many thanks to Hinterland for fixing the bug!

Great to hear, and thank you for following up with a confirmation. I know this achievement has been of particular interest to you. :coffee:

35 minutes ago, Sashamorning said:

Curious... I'm still not able to get the Stone Church icon in Desolation Point to show on the map.  Is there some trick?  Before I hike back across the map, is this icon absolutely necessary, even though the map shows the name?

Related to this change noted in the latest Update patch notes?;

[Survival Mode] Removed Stone Church from Faithful Cartographer requirements, as it was causing an issue with legacy game saves.

18 hours ago, Moonraker said:

Related to this change noted in the latest Update patch notes?;

Thanks for the response.  I was going through the OP, which was updated to include HRV.  Didn't realize the criteria had changed re Stone Church.

Off to start a new custom run.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, 

I signed up to this forum just because the faithful cartographer achievement is not working for me. I started a new fresh save in June.

So now I am done, I mapped everything the devs had on their list, but the achievement didn't pop. I even mapped a few ones that are not on the list.

Is there anything the devs forgot to mention? Anything somebody found out that is needed too?

It's really a lot of work and I would like to have it done.

Here are some screenshots, if you are curios.

I know I didn't map EVERYTHING cause I had no motivation to do that.... But at least I mapped everything on the dev's list.

I attach a screen where it sais 100% but I don't know if this is affected to the achievement?

Any suggestions?

(and sorry for bad english)

tld 2018-07-06 14-12-46-35.png

tld 2018-07-06 14-12-48-36.png

tld 2018-07-06 14-12-50-31.png

tld 2018-07-06 14-12-56-11.png

tld 2018-07-06 14-12-58-11.png

tld 2018-07-06 14-13-01-53.png

tld 2018-07-06 14-13-06-72.png

tld 2018-07-06 14-13-09-27.png

tld 2018-07-06 14-13-12-54.png

tld 2018-07-06 14-13-15-35.png

tld 2018-07-06 14-13-20-23.png

tld 2018-07-06 14-13-23-82.png

tld 2018-07-06 14-13-46-58.png

@Zion  I had a look through all your maps and spotted only one miss.   Hopefully that's all you need. 

There should be an arrow icon at the bottom of the Mountain Town (Gebirgsstadt) map showing the exit to Forlorn Muskeg (Trostloses Marschland).

7 hours ago, Ruruwawa said:

@Zion  I had a look through all your maps and spotted only one miss.   Hopefully that's all you need. 

Reveal hidden contents

There should be an arrow icon at the bottom of the Mountain Town (Gebirgsstadt) map showing the exit to Forlorn Muskeg (Trostloses Marschland).

Seriously? I missed one? O.o

I didn't expect an answer so soon. Thanks for your help, thanks that you took the time to check all my screenshots. I really appreciate that! And you're right, it really was the last one I needed. The achievement plopped, yey ^_^

To be honest, at the list from the devs are 2 "leave Milton region" icons. I thought the second one would be the cave to hushed river valley, although I couldn't klick on it. So I didn't look for another one.

On 7/7/2018 at 2:52 AM, Zion said:

Seriously? I missed one? O.o

I didn't expect an answer so soon. Thanks for your help, thanks that you took the time to check all my screenshots. I really appreciate that! And you're right, it really was the last one I needed. The achievement plopped, yey ^_^

To be honest, at the list from the devs are 2 "leave Milton region" icons. I thought the second one would be the cave to hushed river valley, although I couldn't klick on it. So I didn't look for another one.

Don't feel bad... the two exits in MT confused me too.  Glad you got the achievement!

• 3 weeks later...

I had a day off yesterday (rare) so I am currently working on this as the last trophy I need to obtain before I can just enjoy.. and on my fourth try. My first couple tries a while ago didn't pop and I figured I should probably start from scratch using the list here and the current game build. Yesterday I had about 3 hours of mapping in before I became irretrievably lodged between a ledge and a rock at the upper falls on PV...not an auspicious  beginning. So now on attempt 4...  ML, Ravine, CH, Crumbling Highway, DP, FM and BR and Winding River out of the way. If it doesn't go this time I may have to post pics here to see if someone can pick out what I am doing wrong or missing...

49 minutes ago, Cr41g said:

before I became irretrievably lodged between a ledge and a rock at the upper falls on PV...not an auspicious  beginning.

This is why I save often.  Pop into a building and back out, or pass an hour of time.  That way I can unstuck myself by quitting, without losing too much progress.

yeah... I'm on console though... and in survival your last save is all you got unless you cloud save backups...which I hadn't done yet... My last save occurred mapping the Upper Falls in the Ididntknowiwasstuckyet spot.. so quitting and restarting put me there again... its fine...my stupid mistake... I am cloud saving after every region now.

25 minutes ago, Cr41g said:

yeah... I'm on console though... and in survival your last save is all you got unless you cloud save backups...which I hadn't done yet... My last save occurred mapping the Upper Falls in the Ididntknowiwasstuckyet spot.. so quitting and restarting put me there again... its fine...my stupid mistake... I am cloud saving after every region now.

Doh, didn't realize it worked that way on console.

Archived