Does a moose eat saplings?

Kaisentlaia

Soooo I was prancing around in custom mode and I finally found some saplings, but...

20171210221937_1.thumb.jpg.7235d40d993a257ef0a585e5fff099af.jpg

This was a maple sapling, and it was already harvested. I didn't even know this part of the map so I'm sure I never touched it.

20171210224551_1.thumb.jpg.4183e4fc861916216c703a5acad959fe.jpg

And later, I found this two birch saplings, but only one of them was still there, the other one (on the right) was already harvested. This is a moose spawning zone, or at least I saw one kinda close from here. Does moose eat saplings, or do saplings sometimes just spawn already cut?

Not complaining or anything, just curious. :)I have to admit this was a bit creepy... :P Did any of you guys experience anything like that?

2 hours ago, Winnsford said:

I've seen that too. I never leave saplings. I know deer will eat new growth to the ground irl. Might be something added recently.

Yeah it was something added.  It is called custom difficulty-Harvestable Plant Availability.  When it is lowered from HIGH, you will see less spawned Saplings, OMB, Shrooms, and Rose Hips.

Well, deer and moose aren't eating them.  Double check your settings or maybe try starting new games with settings adjusted accordingly to see if it is a bug.  Haven't heard of any bugs when it comes to that though.

22 hours ago, Winnsford said:
On 12/20/2017 at 1:23 PM, Wade said:

When it is lowered from HIGH, you will see less spawned Saplings, OMB, Shrooms, and Rose Hips.

But it is on high. So I would get more harvestable plants..

When it is set on High, which is the default, then you get the max you can get.

Archived