RUGGED SENTINEL Update Now Live for PS4 and Xbox One

Admin

Hello community,

We’ve just updated The Long Dark to version 1.19 [33943] on PS4 and Xbox One, introducing our first major update to Survival Mode since we launched WINTERMUTE on August 1st.

Please check out this update video. Full Release Notes available below:

WARNING: There may be story spoilers in these notes.

RUGGED SENTINEL Release Notes

NOTE: Users on XBox Play Anywhere (Windows 10 UWP) versions will be able to play the update, but save games won't carry over between platforms until we are able to align each certified version next week. Thank you for your understanding. 

Version 1.19 [33943]

NEW!
* Added the Moose to all Survival Mode regions.
* Added the Broken Ribs Affliction.
* Added the Moose-Hide Cloak gear item.
* Added the Moose-Hide Satchel gear item.
* Milton is now playable in Survival Mode, as “Mountain Town”, including a full Loot and Wildlife pass.
* New Save System for WINTERMUTE.
* New Experience Modes for WINTERMUTE: Green Survivor, Capable Survivor, Hardened Survivor
* New Custom Experience Toolbox for Survival Mode.
* New Worn Clothing Weight Modifier.
* Added Aurorified Lighting to all regions; these appear when the Aurora is active at night.

ART
* General texture clean-up.
* General art optimizations to improve performance.
* Reduced opacity of nighttime breath effect.
* Additional beautification around Coastal Highway Quonset
* Additional beautification around Pleasant Valley townsite.
* [Wintermute] Added missing texture to chair in cinematic.
* Fixed floating bones in Forlorn Muskeg Bear Den.
* Fixed floating Wood object in Mountain Town.
* Fixed the sun position in all regions to ensure it rises in the East and sets in the West.
* General clean up on “out of bounds” areas.

GAMEPLAY
* [Survival] Fixed the Faithful Cartographer achievement. Fixes are retroactive but may require performing one mapping action per region to update the Achievement “checklist”
* [Wintermute] Fixed issue where player could end up with second, untreatable “Plane Crash Injuries” due to conflict between manual save and checkpoint.
* [Survival] Fixed inaccessible loot in Turbine Room of Carter Hydro Dam.
* [Survival] Fixed inaccessible loot under bed in the Coastal Highway Quonset.
* [Survival] Fixed inaccessible loot in Cave in Mountain Town.
* [Survival] General loot tuning for Broken Railroad region.
* [Survival] Fixed inactive container item in Hunting Lodge basement.
* [Survival] Fixed missing corpses and containers in Broken Railroad region.
* [Wintermute] Fixed progression blocker related to Wood Bin and Flashlight in the Hunting Lodge.
* [Survival] Milton is now accessible from both Forlorn Muskeg and Mystery Lake regions.
* [Wintermute] Fixed missing translated strings for “Lake Gunshots” side mission.
* [Wintermute] Current episode progress (% Completed) is now displayed as part of Save Game information.
* [Survival] Fixed issue where player could get into a half-buried car on Coastal Highway.
* [Survival] UI updates to clarify Encumbered and “buffed” carrying capacity states.
* [Survival] Loot updates to Pleasant Valley to reflect additional beautifications.
* [Both] Added numbering to Afflictions in the First Aid UI to make it easier to treat when there are multiple instances.
* [Both] Fixed some inconsistencies in UIs that presented “cancel” options where that functionality did not exist.
* [Wintermute] Added some failsafe logic to ensure the Old Bear doesn’t get stuck and prevent completion of the Bear Hunt mission.
* [Both] Reduced Deer carcass quartering time to 60 minutes, to improve balance against Bear and Moose quartering times.
* [Wintermute] Modified aurora appearance timings after the player completes the Bear Hunt mission in Episode Two. Aurorae should appear more frequently now.
* [Both] Controller bumpers can now be used to toggle between Harvesting and Quartering interfaces.
* [Both] Fixed issue where lit Lantern would be dropped during a Struggle, and end up back in the player’s Backpack without being extinguished, thereby using up all the fuel. Lit Lanterns will now be dropped in a Struggle.
* [Wintermute] Fixed issues where items returned from a Trust interaction might not appear correctly in the player’s Backpack.
* [Both] Fixed issue where player camera would be inside the Bear mesh during carcass harvesting.
* [Wintermute] Fixed issue where player would take no damage when standing inside Grey Mother’s fire.
* [Survival] Fixed an issue where a few tunables in Interloper were defaulting to Stalker settings. Interloper should be more challenging now, as a result.
* [Both] Fixed some bugs with the Struggle system which could sometimes result in the player losing control.

AUDIO
* Several UI audio elements fixed.
* [Wintermute] Fixed bug where lit Flare audio could carry into cinematics.
* Moved triggers for “night is coming” gameplay VO to ensure they happen before it gets dark at dusk.
* Modified frequency of exploration music in Timberwolf Mountain region.
* General audio fixes for Grey Mother’s House (Milton). Post Office (Milton), and the Hunting Lodge (Broken Railroad Region)

GENERAL FIXES
* [Both] General navmesh updates.
* [Survival] Added more backer info to Cairns.

###END OF PATCH NOTES ###

We’re continuing to fix additional issues as quickly as we can. Thank you for your patience.

– The Hinterland Team

Thank you guys so much! About to get into Milton, as soon as my game restarts. Sad to say, but already found a bug. I went to new game, looked at custom difficulty, then backed out of it. When I came back to it, I couldn’t adjust any settings.

Edit: it does this even after I load up a game. When I go back to the custom settings, I can’t do anything

16 hours ago, admin said:

GAMEPLAY
* [Survival] Fixed the Faithful Cartographer achievement. Fixes are retroactive but may require performing one mapping action per region to update the Achievement “checklist”

We have to map again all locals or just only perform one map action per map, i mean one map action in Broken Railroad, one in Forlon Muskeg and ...

Friendly note here. The update is fantastic but just be wary of carry over games at PV farmstead, ps4, 227 days on stalker. I was in the farm house before the update. After the game update I can loot the basement constantly. It resets as a new discovered location every time you enter the house and then go back to the basement. All my supplies were saved perfectly in the house ( base). This may only be for carry over games but basically I have infinite, boots, crow bars, antiseptics, pants, whetstones, matches, firewood, candy bars etc. Quite an advantage and a bit of a bummer.

I still have a question @admin. The wildlife option combinations:
Passive Wildlife Off + Wolf Fear High 
Passive Wildlife On + Wolf Fear None

These combinations are not consistent. One choice makes the other choice not matter. If they are working how you intended for them to, can someone please explain to me the reasoning/nature behind these combinations of choices so I have a better understanding as to why they don't? Passive Wildlife off should mean that bears and moose will be aggressive, but wolves will run away with their fear turned up high. I even adjusted the range they detect me to promote this fear. It did nothing. If we can toggle on/off aggression, then the option to touch wolf fear shouldn't even be there if it doesn't matter. I won't be getting this on PC until I get a new PC early next year, so for now I play on PS4. I can't speak for other platforms if this works the same.

Thanks for your time.

I'm on my way from Timberwolf Mountain to vist Milton for the first time in survival mode and when i came to Mystery Lake and the Camp Office i discovered a pleasant surprise, it is now powerlines and lights all the way to the office, from the tunnel and from the Dam on the side of the railroad track, with 2 huge spotlights on the ground, outside the office :), that's cool!.

32 minutes ago, Blinkin said:

Ooh spoiler alert, I'm going to play a game on 1.19 tonight after this update just arrived.
I now know I have to check out the Camp Office! :D

Hahaha,oops, sorry about the spoiler, can we blur out or hide spoilers? So i don't do this again :$:D.

• Admin unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived