Baseline loot availability

Salty Crackers

Changes the loot distribution to be like Interloper (Hacksaw, Hammer, Bedroll, Mag Lens, Lantern distributed fairly evenly across all major locations, and Hatchet/Knife don't exist). Medium and above makes it like Stalker/Voyageur/Pilgrim, and TBH I'm not even sure what is actually different between the 3 as it doesn't seem to have any effect on how many tools you find or anything like that. I think it's mostly just slightly better odds of finding higher end clothing and food items instead of lower end ones. To be honest the settings for loot atm are pretty limited as it's very hard to fine tune most aspects (you can't really change how many hatchets/knives there are for example). Mostly you can control how much clothing/matches/medicine/sewing kits/food items there are, and if you want Interloper tool distribution or Stalker and below loot distribution. You also have a LITTLE CONTROL over how much rifle ammo there is, but it's tied to all the other things I mentioned previously as well.

You can make containers have almost no loot like Interloper, and reduce the amount of food/clothes/matches lying around, but it won't reduce the number of hatchets/knives, which will still be plentiful (multiple per map of each with 100% spawns in some places, except for maps like DP/BR/FM which are small or explicitly have few tools). That might be close enough to what you want, but it depends on exactly what you want. You also cannot currently disentangle hatchets/knives from things like expedition parkas: if you have knives and hatchets in your games, you also have all the good clothes and food on the loot table (although as I said, you can actually reduce the AMOUNT of those, unlike the tools).

I'm using Low baseline loot in my Voyaloper build.  I compensated by turning Rifle on, and setting starting Starting Gear Allocation to medium, which gave me a bedroll.  Also one each pack of matches, bandage, accelerant and disinfectant.  But for me bedroll is the real difference maker from an interloper start. 

My one wish is that enabling Rifle also enabled broken arrows to be looted for arrowheads.

Archived