Default rifle model in WINTERMUTE

Morphe

6 hours ago, Fuarian said:

It's sorta annoyed me... the reason why they made it the normal one is probably because it would take time to make an entire new animation and 3D model for a small change like this. But I'd still like to see this model in Sandbox mode.

I don't think it would be THAT hard. "Forest Talkers" rifle just have different texture, not like special model with laser sight or sth. It wouldn't be hard to implement this. Hinterland probably makes project file which has every second of animation "changeable" ( like in drawing, instead of .png file you can make .pdn ( paint.net ) which have layers and undo button working. ). It would take a minimal effort to just change the animation, especially if they have the model fully made.

Just now, KinoUnko said:

Probably deliberate. should be only a few min of work. probably just tagging the prefab to spawn in sandbox mode. But it would make it less special for story mode. 

The this is it should be in story mode, in first person especially. It wouldn't be hard, just to change a model in animation.

1 minute ago, KinoUnko said:

ye, edited my post, misread your OP. :D 

Oh ok no problem mate. I would really love to see this rifle in my hands. Btw, I don't understand why J's broken rifle is not "item" ( no weight, not even in inventory ). It would be cool to see weight modifiers. Also, WHY WE CAN'T WEAR J'S COAT?!

On 12/17/2017 at 7:52 AM, Morphe said:

WHY WE CAN'T WEAR J'S COAT?!

Probably because a lot of players would wear it until it was tattered and then give it back. Er, not that I would, no, others would. *looks sternly around the room while crossing her fingers.*

Archived