Switch a lantern on/off once you have put on any place.

ATHAPL

Yea, this has been discussed before. I am in favor, naturally. 

However

Rather then just giving this "suggestion", maybe try to figure out how to do this first? It works obviously well if you pick it up, because you get to click left mouse button to light it up, and then can click th right one to put it back down... but you cant use that button when its on the ground already... because that button is binded to "pick up" function already.

What kind of an easy function would you suggest that would work this way? I think best would be a button to "light up" on the item description screen, AKA the picture of item that shows with the description when you are picking something up.

24 minutes ago, TerribleSurvivor said:

Nobody in this thread said that it has to be the left mouse button!

PlacedLantern.RightClick() {

PlacedLantern.toggleLight();

}

Quite easy and way more productive than criticizing the OP for something he didn´t say at all!

:D:D:D:D:D

Because telling someone to suggest "I want this and this is how you could do it" instead of saying "I want this, make it happen" totally means I am criticising.

Just so you know, critique, (even though this has NOTHING to do with critique) is not forbidden, in fact I would say its encouraged, if done properly, with respect and constructively, because after all, with discussion comes progress.

Now I know you are trying to sell that whole "I am dev" kind of story (and good luck with that, surely people won't ridicule you for pulling it out all the time), but what you wrote is just stupid.

Even semi-new players usually know that right clicking an item on the ground switches it into "moving" zone - so even with your fancy chaotic way of saying it, you cant do it ANY other way than through left-clicking it, pal. Now I believe there was a bug where you couldn't move around lanterns but I think they fixed that by now... regardless, there is already a general function for right clicking an item on the ground.

So, left clicking the lantern, opening an Item window, and for example, hitting "space" would make more sense. Unfortunately, I believe that key is already linked to "harvesting" it which is a bit strange, but I think that goes for all items of that sort. Another generalized key binding. AND that is exactly what we should be discussing - what button should be used to lighting up the item through item window. I imagine the same button could be used for a torch, lying on a ground, or a flare, and other flammables.

Focus less on trying to piss me off (won't work anyways :) ) and a bit more about the issue on how to do this.

11 minutes ago, Mroz4k said:

Because telling someone to suggest "I want this and this is how you could do it" instead of saying "I want this, make it happen" totally means I am criticising.

Yeah, sorry i meant bitching about it. Bitching is not productive and you still are bitching following up with a whole wall of text that is even more useless. Bring up a succinct solution yourself and focus less on your personal issues with me.

I honestly never tried right click on a placed item so i was lacking knowledge. A simple edit will make it right though.

Funny, cause most people I know would by mistake click something with a right click at some point. But whatever, doesnt matter.

I already included enough of my opinion on the matter. I dont NEED this change so I am not going to use more energy, trying to figure it out. But as you should see, this was discussed before so I had in fact thought about this before.

I already said it would have to be a new button in the Item window of the lantern. Not sure what to bind it to, Ctrl is probably alright... but this would lit up the object on the ground, as if you were holding it in your hand. Just wouldnt pick it up immidiatedly.

As for your hypocritical remark to "bitching" - lets recall who was bitching here on forums not that long ago, just because there was a SMALL glitch to a BRAND NEW, most likely BEST update we have ever seen on this game yet, less then a day after the update came out. Dont lecture anyone about bitching.

Most newcomers have an issue when they suggest something - they come and say what they want. I was simply trying to point out this is not a good suggestion. If you want something, take the time to think about it, how it could work, and write a little bit more then a single sentence into your post. 

Of course they should have searched the forums first instead and find this thread in the older ones, and comment on it instead of making another thread on this in the first place, but I have no need to bitch about that. Noone ever does that anyways - only very few, considerate people ever bother to read the forum rules first and know that they should search the old topics first before making a new one. :)

23 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

As for your hypocritical remark to "bitching" - lets recall who was bitching here on forums not that long ago, just because there was a SMALL glitch to a BRAND NEW, most likely BEST update we have ever seen on this game yet, less then a day after the update came out. Dont lecture anyone about bitching.

I knew that this would come eventually. Well, not less hypocritical to justify your own fails with fails of someone else. "Oh, you did that as well so i have the right to do it too" - That´s not very mature. Oh and here is the link you forgot to insert. I really looove these guys accusing someone to be hypocritical, referring to a topic somewhere else and not giving the reference. Dont YOU lecture anyone please!

Side Note (edited):

I wasn´t bitching about the whole update itself in this thread but only about that badly designed feature. There hasn´t been a single phrase accusing the update being trash. And you try tell me about hypocrisy...

Fine, you got me there. I am not perfect.

Can we stop this here? Its not like this is going to lead to anything productive. 

Point is: saying "what you want" is not helpful. Saying "what you want and how to do it" is. I will be leaving it at that.

Now, do YOU have anything relevant to the subject (that being the suggestion to have a way to light up a lantern) or are you going to continue with this meaningless barking? 

I would like to hear people say how they would go about doing it. It cant be right clicking and left clicking right away. But perhaps someone esle has an idea that would work.

On 16/12/2017 at 2:09 AM, Smilezz_g21 said:

Theres 26 letters on a keyboard so pick 1 and go with it

Most constructive post in this whole thread aside of the OP. Just like he said, this is a welcomed option that doesn't need to be absolutely placed on the mouse.

Archived