The Long Dark Updated to version 1.16 [33814] -- "RUGGED SENTINEL"

Admin

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've loaded a save from the latest patch and the PV Farmstead is fully restocked on my current Stalker playthrough. Draft Dodgers Cabin (in which I found myself after loading the save) wasn't restocked though so is this maybe because of the "new features" around Farmstead that it is restocked?

I'm happy for the additional loot but sad that my hides are gone which I was curing :(

I love this update. It adds new content and it makes a general enhancement of all previous one.

My favourite content :

- Reduced opacity of nighttime breath effect.  YEEEESSS ! It promises wonderful moments looking at the stars at mountainers' hut !

- Position of the sun.

- Moose. Perfectly animated charges. Perfectly. Perfectly.

- New affliction and scratches trees. It is welcome and add immersion and induces a well thought behaviour from the moose.

- New clothes. Really nice. But I have a suggestion. A chapka ! I think there is still a lack of craftable clothes for head protection. Like hat or chapka (moose and rabbits skins could be appropriate).

- Custom difficulty !

- [Wintermute] Fixed missing translated strings for "Lake Gunshots" side mission. Thank you for that !

This is cool and someting i wished for "clothing you wear weigh less then the extra/spar cloting in your backpack" :)

And when the update hits my PS4 i'm looking forward to start hunting for moose and make the moose hide cloak :).

This is just 2 things so far i'm very happy about, but this update is huge and i haven't read it all or finished watching the video about this update yet :).

This is incredible. Not a SINGLE addition in this patch that would not be a SPOT ON solution to required changes by the community - well done, guys! I highly doubt there is a single person that is dissatisfied with this update. Every single of these changes have been widely requested, and I would say that most of these changes are all coming from different pool of players - so I would say this gives everyone something. The fact you were able to distribute the new content amongst everyone equaly and make it work so well together at the same time is just wonderful.

Now if you only included a craftable headgear as well, it would have been truly perfect. But honestly there are NO complains coming from me what-so-ever. 

Eager to see future updates. :D 

Guys. Guys, wait

With custom difficulty, being able to modify different aspects of our sandbox, does that mean we will be able to adjust how often the aurora happens aswell!? that would be awesome!!!!!

Someone let me know! console player here, so I won't get to look for myself for a couple days yet :P

3 hours ago, Tbone555 said:

Guys. Guys, wait

With custom difficulty, being able to modify different aspects of our sandbox, does that mean we will be able to adjust how often the aurora happens aswell!? that would be awesome!!!!!

Someone let me know! console player here, so I won't get to look for myself for a couple days yet :P

Yes!

There are options of Aurora frequency.

So very many options all round.

I was going to plan for a very normal week-end, and then - BOOOM !!
It's really incredible to see how much Hinterland take our opinions in consideration. The way you guys work is just how how every game should be !! Deep congratulations for this update. The custom difficulty makes a complete overhaul of the game, with fine tunings. Thanks again.

17 hours ago, admin said:

* New Custom Experience Toolbox for Survival Mode.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! 

This was literally the only thing I was missing in TLD. Perfect game now. Just perfect. 

Thanks a million guys

16 minutes ago, MueckE said:

I like the option to lower the ratio of weather change and time ingame to realtime the most. I think now it will feel more natural. Interloper with wether change on medium and time ratio to 4x will now be my favorite thing.

Is it that ?

1x : 1day in game >> 2 hours IRL

2x : 1 day >> 4 hours

3x : 1 day >> 6 hours

4x : 1 day >> 8 hours ?

If you play in x4, it will become possible to travel from broken railrod to Desolation point in a day, no ?

Archived