Episode 3

Tbone555

On 04/04/2018 at 5:53 AM, MrsmZinja said:

I do somewhat recall them saying they have no intention of adding mods.

No, they said they were in favour of TLD having mods, but that support for them wouldn't be added until they were good and ready.. ("until the game was done", or words to that effect.)

Thankfully, the modding community doesn't have that kind of patience, and has released numerous excellent mods for the game already. But Hinterland won't let us discuss them here.

On 08/04/2018 at 12:54 PM, Wade said:

So much for your guess.  I still think it will be late May or early June for Episode three.

I'm tipping it will be in September, when the retail versions for console are released in stores.

8 hours ago, JAFO said:

I'm tipping it will be in September, when the retail versions for console are released in stores.

That would be one 1,5 year gap between the second and third episode. 

The sad thing is that it probably is true.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I for one don't care if they ever come out with episode 3. I actually think it's a good thing they are doing episode 1+2 redux then they will see how it works out before putting out episode 3. I would like to remind people that they aren't hitting us up with a million microtransactions and they have not bombarded us with DLCs. (which, again, I would not mind paying for) So they don't make any money on these episodes. If they want to take their time to get it done right, then take the time and get it done right. I'd rather have done right then fast any day of the week. As far as I'm concerned, I got my money's worth long ago and this is just extra.

17 hours ago, TheEldritchGod said:

I for one don't care if they ever come out with episode 3. I actually think it's a good thing they are doing episode 1+2 redux then they will see how it works out before putting out episode 3. I would like to remind people that they aren't hitting us up with a million microtransactions and they have not bombarded us with DLCs. (which, again, I would not mind paying for) So they don't make any money on these episodes. If they want to take their time to get it done right, then take the time and get it done right. I'd rather have done right then fast any day of the week. As far as I'm concerned, I got my money's worth long ago and this is just extra.

Well, I don't think the game is doing poorly, I would expect they have a decent amount of money - the game and the company have been featured a couple of times in awards, I believe. 

I don't believe the slow progress so far has really been because they would be limited by money or because they kept trying to make things properly. I believe it was mostly because of the lack of their own recording equipment for animations. As Raphael explained, whenever they wanted to record for animations, they had to lend the gear from a recording company and always wait for it to be available. Now they have their own equipment - and three more animators. I expect that starting from this update, we will likely see a significant increase in the speed with which the new content comes out. At least I sincerely hope so.

If the game does have money problems, I would not mind seeing a second Kickstarter to help things kick of further (but I don't think it is likely, or even necessary). Just something I wish for cause I missed the one before by a little bit.

On 11/23/2018 at 6:48 AM, Mroz4k said:

If the game does have money problems, I would not mind seeing a second Kickstarter to help things kick of further (but I don't think it is likely, or even necessary). Just something I wish for cause I missed the one before by a little bit.

Nah. Just make a DLC that you don't NEED for the game, but you can buy if you want to 4.99 for a dozen new reskinned clothing and a dozen new food items. Something that randomly spawns a pumpkin pie in one location on one map, somewhere. You wouldn't NEED it, but I would love to have a greater assortment of stuff to play with, collect, and organize into piles that I obsessively recount over in over to make sure nothing was stolen while I slept.

Make some legendary items like Will's Hat, or grey Mother's Rifle, or Jerimiah's knife, or Astrid's bow. Nothing game breaking, just a FRACTION of a bit better then the original. Like the Cowachan. Maybe let us do more with the bolt cutters and allow it in the sandbox. There's a bunch of timy things that wouldn't take much to code, yet you could bundle it up, put it in a 4.99 bundle and say, "You don't NEED this, but it gives you a bunch of toys and it helps to support the game."

Just don't make it so awesome you HAVE to buy it just to play the game. Fluff. Just Fluff. I'll drop 4.99 on fluff. I drop 4.99 on a Bacon Egg and cheese bagel. No need to make it out to be anything other than what it is. Some toys to play with for 4.99. Same thing they did with Unturned. You can play the game without the gold package, but for 4.99, you get some nice perks and the warm fuzzy of knowing the game you like will have a bit more cash to do more fun things with.

Just don't make it random. Loot boxes suck and the FTC is already starting an investigation into it. No need to play with fire.

This is down right ridiculous! I have been checking back every month in hopes that a new episode has been released. I bought this game knowing it was incomplete but still with the expectation that the story would be finished by now. I remember the detailed time line regarding the expected release of each episode and all 5 episodes should have been released by now. I'm done.

I will never buy another game made by Hinterland . 

On 11/28/2017 at 6:42 PM, selfless said:

So I'm almost certain the first moment of Episode 3 we will end up with "amnesia". Which would be just another reason why I will probably never play it.

I have a feeling plot details will be revealed to us incrementally throughout Episode 3, similar to Will's flashbacks in Episode 1.

On 12/3/2018 at 12:32 PM, dmbjt said:

This is down right ridiculous! I have been checking back every month in hopes that a new episode has been released. I bought this game knowing it was incomplete but still with the expectation that the story would be finished by now. I remember the detailed time line regarding the expected release of each episode and all 5 episodes should have been released by now. I'm done.

I will never buy another game made by Hinterland . 

Okay, bye-bye then. :)

3 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

I have a feeling plot details will be revealed to us incrementally throughout Episode 3, similar to Will's flashbacks in Episode 1.

Well, we will be playing as Astrid, in Episode 3, so we may start back at the crash site, seeing what happened after from her POV. Seemed like she moved well ahead of Will, so she may take a different path, willingly or unwillingly. We see her in the tunnel out of Milton in one of the teaser screenshots, so... new region, or new section of a region we have not seen before? I really hope we get some new lore notes and NPC conversations, some deeper history of what has been happening on Great Bear Island, before, during, and right after The Event. Can't wait to see how the Redux Episodes change things, and if they flow better than the original episodes.  Fully voiced is going to be so much more immersive, for me, anyway. And then Episode 3, all new. *twitch twitch*

On 5.4.2018 at 8:47 PM, Le Petit Prince said:

I find survival modes annoying and pointless. It is only my opinion. Because, you are collecting items to survive -most of the time without any other mission- and then of course the day comes that you die... Survival games' purpose is to get highest score of yourself, when you're out of supplies you have to start over, and try again for better, and ofcourse everything you've done before will be gone. Thats why i don't like survival modes. I don't feel like i have a reason to fight for. I mean there are two ways. You survive, or you die. If you will die at the end, why play? Because you know it will end with nothing, with no final scene or sth, it's just you're

@Le Petit Prince

I see it exactly your way. I like the story mode and the challenges. The survival mode is very boring to me, and I use it only to explore some short cuts.

15 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Well, we will be playing as Astrid, in Episode 3, so we may start back at the crash site, seeing what happened after from her POV. Seemed like she moved well ahead of Will, so she may take a different path, willingly or unwillingly. We see her in the tunnel out of Milton in one of the teaser screenshots, so... new region, or new section of a region we have not seen before? I really hope we get some new lore notes and NPC conversations, some deeper history of what has been happening on Great Bear Island, before, during, and right after The Event. Can't wait to see how the Redux Episodes change things, and if they flow better than the original episodes.  Fully voiced is going to be so much more immersive, for me, anyway. And then Episode 3, all new. *twitch twitch*

I doubt we will start playing from the crash site in Episode 3. For one thing, what happens to Astrid there and in Milton is already described and known to us to some extent from Episode 1 - it would remove any freedom from the player to affect what Astrid does, and the sequence of events would be known to the player before they got there. It would also mean we effectively play the same level again, which wouldn't be very exciting. I think it's more likely that that part of Astrid's journey will be shown in cutscenes, and we'll get control at a later point, possibly on a new map. 

I for one love the story mode... but still prefer the open freedom of survival. I game because it takes me somewhere for a few hours I couldn't get in the real world and I game to relax. That being said after playing interloper for a long while I have gone back to stalker. I enjoy playing the "game" far more than playing the "system" that interloper presents, if there were no "guaranteed" spawn point loot locations for items I would probably enjoy it more... but that's just me.

Archived