Beach-combing data

Asti0

Hi,

i don't know if anyone is interested, but since i was keeping track of the items i found while beachcombing (at least in the last 70 days survived or so) i might as well share the results...

5a1b14c622b95_beachcombinglog425-584.thumb.png.27153ada13bde375285f4ebce591266a.png

infos:

-*marked items are ruined

-difficulty: voyageur

-regions: CH,CrH,DP

-version: V.1.15 (32683)

I'll keep the data updated if, again, someone's interested.

Hope you all have a great day...

Asti0

Beach combing log.xls

2 hours ago, Hotzn said:

Interesting data, +1. Immediately debunks some theories as to certain items being non-renewable. Which experience mode was this?

Voyager, it says so in the thread.

And we all knew for a long time about what is and is not renewable.

At the moment, only headgear is not renewable, as all the headgear found in ocean is ruined.

This is interesting data. With a two more sets like that, it should be possible to really determine what the probabilities for spawn of certain items are, more precisely at least.

20 hours ago, KinoUnko said:

Awesome. One has to wonder how does a fresh water fish end up in the ocean. or who would trust a flare shell or a rifle cartridge that's been in the ocean for indeterminable amount of time.

Or how metallic objects can float ;) 

Some additional info (Interloper):

correlates with your data - seems like no antibiotics from beachcombing...

Considering ruined clothing.... Of course I won't be able to prove this, but I swear once I found a pair of Leather Shoes around 40% condition on the ice in DP... Clearly I remember taking a quick peek into my inventory and see the icon without a big red X on top of it! I know this is very unlikely. It was post-v1.0 though...

Hi guys, thanks for all the nice comments :)

I wasn't planning on updating the data until i had gathered at least 25 items more, but since i got this today

twtl.png.94cd85ad77dceb9d4500edbe46a139a5.png

i decided to celebrate with an extra update :D:coffee:

4 hours ago, shade_grey said:

You seem to be missing a lot of items:

Bandages, antibiotics, old man's beard lichen, green maple sapling, leather shoes, scrap metal, baseball cap...

You're absolutely right...in fact i found a bandage and a baseball cap just today. Hope to find more soon ;)

See you soon and have a nice day!

I just want to get some clarification on what beach combing is. So items just continuously spawn at random is what i gathered, but is it on the ice its self or on/near the actual shoreline/beach? 

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm still trying to learn the lingo of the forums, i just started playing after 6+ months and haven't gotten to CH yet, and i also just never liked the map (always avoided it when possible).

The data chart is very nice indeed @Asti0, even though its about a region i hate and a game concept im foreign to.

8 hours ago, codfish107 said:

I just want to get some clarification on what beach combing is. So items just continuously spawn at random is what i gathered, but is it on the ice its self or on/near the actual shoreline/beach? 

cut

Yep, items spawn randomly on weak ice in CH, DP, and the connector between these two regions.

My routine is: 

• Spot the item
  • get as close as i can without stepping on weak ice
  • run to grab to item
  • pray the ice doesn't break when i run back to safety
  • fall trough the ice
  • get hypotermia
  • swear a lot
  • start hearing "hello darkness my old frieeend"

:D

Hi, i updated the first post:

• 131 items found
  • 2 new items added to the list (old man's beard lichen, leather shoes both usable and ruined)
  • added Desolation Point
On 7/11/2017 at 4:59 PM, dead frozen dude said:

seems like no antibiotics from beachcombing...

Considering ruined clothing.... Of course I won't be able to prove this, but I swear once I found a pair of Leather Shoes around 40% condition on the ice in DP... Clearly I remember taking a quick peek into my inventory and see the icon without a big red X on top of it! I know this is very unlikely. It was post-v1.0 though...

I indeed found a pair of leather shoes in DP that wasn't ruined (8% condition)! :coffee:

On 8/11/2017 at 4:16 PM, shade_grey said:

You seem to be missing a lot of items:

Bandages, antibiotics, old man's beard lichen, green maple sapling, leather shoes, scrap metal, baseball cap...

I probably missed some as well.

Mmm i guess the next mistery to solve is...antibiotics! Do they really live in the depths of the ocean? Do they come to shore to reproduce?

Asti0

On 11/14/2017 at 6:10 AM, Asti0 said:

My routine is: 

• Spot the item
  • get as close as i can without stepping on weak ice
  • run to grab to item
  • pray the ice doesn't break when i run back to safety
  • fall trough the ice
  • get hypotermia
  • swear a lot
  • start hearing "hello darkness my old frieeend"

:D

And now you know why some of us strip naked before making the dash to grab the item... :D

(Alternatively, carry a spare set of clothing with you...)

6 hours ago, JAFO said:

And now you know why some of us strip naked before making the dash to grab the item... :D

(Alternatively, carry a spare set of clothing with you...)

Oh, i already do strip naked before attempting risky sprints, but the adrenaline rush from the ice cracking under my feet and the sudden black screen still get me every time :D

Data on the first post updated:

• 201 items found (70 added from previous update)
  • Added at the end of the first post the log file in MS Office Excel format (in case you want to use it as template for other difficulties :D)
  • sadly no antibiotics yet
  • please stop me when this gets annoying hahaha

Viele grüße

Asti0

Archived