Add some things of Story mode to Survival mode

Alexdarne

On 11/4/2017 at 2:28 AM, JAFO said:

The thing I most want from Story Mode, to have available in Survival, is those Mountaineering Boots!

Make them findable only on Timberwolf Mountain. Maybe even make it only findable on the Mountaineer who left the note in the hut.

Or they can make them spawn in Grey Mother's house but that would be boring...

On 11/5/2017 at 9:03 AM, Fuarian said:

Make them findable only on Timberwolf Mountain. Maybe even make it only findable on the Mountaineer who left the note in the hut.

Yes, so few corpses have anything on them.  Make them frozen so they need to be thawed out before use.

being able to get the boots off the bodies is a good idea but it would be weird to find running shoes on a corpse with mountain boots on it. so they would have to add a feature of new corpse textures and the feature of clothing disappearing off the corpse after you take the shoes or anything else or the feature would be just weird looking. i also like the idea of having places only accessible during the aurea like the carter hydro dam. as i gives people a choice do i go in for good loot but i could get stuck or do i stay out but risk running out of supplies. having things like this like maybe the whaling station or like the bunker in forlorn muskeg during story mode would add more of a risk it for the biscuit feeling which i love during games. even with the long dark being a great game of weigh pros and cons adding this feature would make the game richer in gameplay and strategy. 

On 4.11.2017 at 1:31 AM, Alexdarne said:

I'm not going to talk about Milton,

but some things like keys needed to open specific doors or certain areas inaccessible without aurora ( like the dam in mystery lake ) can be a nice feature

Yes Please! And maybe some notes around the world with locations where to find hidden treasure. We don't need a quest log or something but notes and keys leading to treasure would be a cool addition.

I'd love more treasure hunt style note finding. Timberwolf Mountain is a good set up with the note and equipment in the mountaineers hut and the loot at the summit. It's guaranteed, but it would be nice to have some dynamic high grade loot mechanic. 

Most of the points of interest around the map are already there. Like the random bunker. The only thing that bugs me about the bunker is there are absolutely no clues to where it is/could be in game. If there were notes or hints, so you kind of had the potential for a few scavenger hunt style quests, that would be neat. 

I guess it would get pretty old quickly though. Timberwolf Mountain is a great place, but I don't think about the mountaineer so much anymore. 

21 minutes ago, LucidFugue said:

Most of the points of interest around the map are already there. Like the random bunker. The only thing that bugs me about the bunker is there are absolutely no clues to where it is/could be in game. If there were notes or hints, so you kind of had the potential for a few scavenger hunt style quests, that would be neat. 

This would be fun.

Archived