How scarce is scarce?

strongpelt

Well, I should explain a bit. I was use to pilgrim mode, and then I played the first two chapters of the story. Needless to say I have gotten over my fear of wolves (Some what... I'm still scared But I know I gotta deal with those blood thirsty vaulters.) I decided I'll play on Voyager. It said scarce wildlife but it would seek me out. I spawned at the hydro dam in Mystery Lake, looted it, and made my way to the office cabin. I didn't see a single wolf on the way. Or any other wild life other than dead deer and crows. Though I was following the train tracks closely and didn't stray from the path.

Do I need to have meat on me to see wolves? Or is voyager just... Really scarce on the wildlife? I think I saw more wolves on pilgrim mode at this point. 

So how scarce IS scarce? 

55 minutes ago, strongpelt said:

I decided I'll play on Voyager. It said scarce wildlife but it would seek me out. I spawned at the hydro dam in Mystery Lake, looted it, and made my way to the office cabin. I didn't see a single wolf on the way. Or any other wild life other than dead deer and crows. Though I was following the train tracks closely and didn't stray from the path.

Do I need to have meat on me to see wolves? Or is voyager just... Really scarce on the wildlife? I think I saw more wolves on pilgrim mode at this point. 

That's strange, because story mode is the same as voyager difficulty at least in my game on PS4, i play the surivival mode on voyager and i have the same amount of wolves, deer and rabbits than i had when i played the story mode, the wolves are seeking me out like they did in story mode, there is also a lot of bears in voyager, i have seen at least 1 bear in Mystery Lake, 3 bears in Forlorn Muskeg and 1 bear in Broken Railroad.

46 minutes ago, Ruruwawa said:

On voyageur you get a 1 day "grace period"

I never knew that! I guess I didn't need to hold my breath when I was approaching the train carts. (Usually always run into wolves there) 

47 minutes ago, Ruruwawa said:

Don't worry, they'll arrive and start hunting you shortly.

No kidding about this, I finally spotted a wolf when I made my way out of a cabin on the lake. Haven't seen the bear yet though I don't want to until I find a rifle first. 

On 11/1/2017 at 5:39 AM, strongpelt said:

Haven't seen the bear yet though I don't want to until I find a rifle first. 

Bears are easy to avoid. They are very loud and slow, and are followed by the sound of cawing ravens. You can hear them coming from quite a safe distance, so I'd be much more worried about the wolves, who are smaller and much quieter.

If you're still having trouble finding a rifle in Mystery Lake, let me know and I'll give you a list of rifle spawn points to check and see if one is there.

Archived