Grab rabbits?

Reahs

Why can't we just grab rabbits while they are alive if it runs over our feet?

They do this quite often but no you have to throw a rock in their head to pick them up.

Same goes for deer which quite often runs right next to you....

There could be a % chance depending on distance, stamina, fatigue and condition so it's not like picking up an item 

18 hours ago, Reahs said:

Why can't we just grab rabbits while they are alive if the run over our feet?

When throwing rocks was first introduced, you could, in fact, do this. Didn't even need the rocks.. Just crouch, and wait for them to come close enough to grab.

It made the game ridiculously easy. Thankfully, it was soon fixed.

What I find especially entertaining, is that this suggestion comes from someone who insists that an auto-walk would make TLD too easy.

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

When throwing rocks was first introduced, you could, in fact, do this. Didn't even need the rocks.. Just crouch, and wait for them to come close enough to grab.

It made the game ridiculously easy. Thankfully, it was soon fixed.

What I find especially entertaining, is that this suggestion comes from someone who insists that an auto-walk would make TLD too easy.

Where have I claimed that auto walk would make the game too easy?

All I said was that auto walk would not fit into TLD (ruin the immersion)                                                         Not even Dayz (aka walking simulator) has auto walk built into it

1 hour ago, Reahs said:

All I said was that auto walk would not fit into TLD (ruin the immersion)

Which is a riddiculous claim in the first place. Auto walk is just a luxury option, something to help people not stress their keyboards, mouses and fingers...

Anyways, this is dumb. As if it was so super easy to catch a moving animal with your hands. This is NOT how it works.

To catch an animal if it's not stunned, you would need to grab it by surprise. So, that means waiting for ages in front of the hole to their lair for them to pop out, and take them by surprise. If they are running around you, they are well aware of you and will react to any attempt to catch you. You could never hope to catch them, because if you tried, you would start moving off slowly in to catch them, and they would adjust their path quickly because they were already running.

Not to mention it would make the game incredibly easy. You could just scare rabbits towards an obstacle and pick them up as they come running back. 

21 hours ago, Reahs said:

Same goes for deer which quite often runs right next to you....

20 hours ago, KinoUnko said:

and wrestle deers.

12 hours ago, Reahs said:

Well, why not? XD 

I think you both need to go through middle school again. If the deer has an average of 40 kg, and is running so it's in movement, and has antlers, on impact you would likely be heavily injured, even dead, if the deer hit you with its antlers running. To think you could even wrestle them... 

Not to mention it would be possible to hunt deer without weapons which make hunting super easy (as it is super easy to get deer to run straight at you, I hunt deer with bow like that all the time), and break the balance of the game. Who needs a challenge in the game anyway, right?

3 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

Which is a riddiculous claim in the first place. Auto walk is just a luxury option, something to help people not stress their keyboards, mouses and fingers...

Anyways, this is dumb. As if it was so super easy to catch a moving animal with your hands. This is NOT how it works.

To catch an animal if it's not stunned, you would need to grab it by surprise. So, that means waiting for ages in front of the hole to their lair for them to pop out, and take them by surprise. If they are running around you, they are well aware of you and will react to any attempt to catch you. You could never hope to catch them, because if you tried, you would start moving off slowly in to catch them, and they would adjust their path quickly because they were already running.

Not to mention it would make the game incredibly easy. You could just scare rabbits towards an obstacle and pick them up as they come running back. 

I think you both need to go through middle school again. If the deer has an average of 40 kg, and is running so it's in movement, and has antlers, on impact you would likely be heavily injured, even dead, if the deer hit you with its antlers running. To think you could even wrestle them... 

Not to mention it would be possible to hunt deer without weapons which make hunting super easy (as it is super easy to get deer to run straight at you, I hunt deer with bow like that all the time), and break the balance of the game. Who needs a challenge in the game anyway, right?

well, I was not super serious there sorry.

Why not suggest to make deer dangerous?

So why make then dangerous? well, realism I guess, the first thing I thought when a deer was running straight at me was that it would hurt me but nothing happened so it would be nice if it rammed you so you would fall to the ground and from there I guess it would either leave you or keep attacking you like in the videos on YT.  

5 hours ago, Reahs said:

Why not suggest to make deer dangerous?

That, I think could be a pretty cool idea. If the deer were dangerous, but not hostile. It would add a new element to the game, even for Pilgrim.

5 hours ago, Reahs said:

hurt me but nothing happened so it would be nice if it rammed you so you would fall to the ground

I don't think it has to go down that far, with the animation of falling down, but simply a contact with the deer from the front would hurt the player, a lot, and cause bleeding - I think that would be a pretty cool addition.

I know the Hinterland has plans for moose, and from the looks of it, moose will be dangerous to hunt - but I think it would be great if the passive animals could hurt you as well.

Maybe even Rabbits, if you pick them up and hold them for too long, would bite the player to escape - a punishment for hesitation.

But wrestling deer is going too far - and catching animals too - hunting should be more difficult, not easier, in my opinion. Way too easy at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-10-27 at 7:55 PM, Mroz4k said:

That, I think could be a pretty cool idea. If the deer were dangerous, but not hostile. It would add a new element to the game, even for Pilgrim.

I don't think it has to go down that far, with the animation of falling down, but simply a contact with the deer from the front would hurt the player, a lot, and cause bleeding - I think that would be a pretty cool addition.

I know the Hinterland has plans for moose, and from the looks of it, moose will be dangerous to hunt - but I think it would be great if the passive animals could hurt you as well.

Maybe even Rabbits, if you pick them up and hold them for too long, would bite the player to escape - a punishment for hesitation.

But wrestling deer is going too far - and catching animals too - hunting should be more difficult, not easier, in my opinion. Way too easy at this point.

I would love that rabbits would bite and scratch you if you held them for too long so your gloves would also lose some condition.

On 11/4/2017 at 1:38 PM, Tomcat2 said:

You will never catch a deer with your bare hands. Nonsence. When stressed, it is so powerful and dangerous that it can harm you badly or kill eventually...

<Picturing climbing a tree, Knife in teeth, crouching on a lower branch waiting for unaware deer to pass underneath - pounce!>

Archived