more weird stuff

KinoUnko

I'm hearing voices again... this time it's the coastal houses on the east end of Coastal Highway, the single story house with canadian flag. When I entered it sounded like a radio voice saying something like "steady"; then later I'm picking up sticks from the ground in front of the fire place same voice said "seriously". It's not the radio, there's no aurora nights in this save since it was started before story mode... and I play with music and voice off.... it's not Will. it's a bit breezy outside, but not stormy, what I heard doesn't sound remotely like the normal creaking wood or rattling door stuff.

on unrelated note... non-harvestable ruined fishing tackle, whetstone, and food items disappears when placed into a container. is this a new feature or new bug? I rather like it, always wanted a way to get rid of ruined sewing kits and the like without littering them about the map.

Anything that cannot be salvaged when placed in a container ruined will disappear.  Don't put that ruined meat in there in case you were hoping for a midnight snack or bye bye!  It isn't a bug, but a way to get rid of items that used to stay in container in ruined state taking up weight.

The sound thing....  Hmm...  Maybe, just maybe you have real cabin fever!  I don't play with sound off, so I would never notice such a thing.

I also keep hearing things like there's another survivor wandering about because I've heard -something- else sometimes while I'm walking, as if someone else brought their pots and pans collection with them too, haha. I know it's not another animal since it's distinct heavy footfalls and the sound of metal banging together. I think I read on here that someone in the mines heard some voices too. Creepy stuff.

Just now, KinoUnko said:

the footstep sounds do lag a little bit. run a few steps then stop, it takes 3 or 4 steps for the audio to catch up. it can be unnerving sometimes. 

Makes sense, but with all the weird stuff that's been going on this game, I'd be surprised if there weren't anything spooky going on. There's also a thread on this apparition that appears on the radio house in Peaceful Valley. Then again, I just could be paranoid and all of this alone-time in the game is getting to me.

3 hours ago, KinoUnko said:

non-harvestable ruined fishing tackle, whetstone, and food items disappears when placed into a container. is this a new feature or new bug? I rather like it, always wanted a way to get rid of ruined sewing kits and the like without littering them about the map

This is a thing, I have noticed that too. Also ruined food items will disapear when placed in a container.

2 hours ago, JaySovereign said:

Makes sense, but with all the weird stuff that's been going on this game, I'd be surprised if there weren't anything spooky going on. There's also a thread on this apparition that appears on the radio house in Peaceful Valley. Then again, I just could be paranoid and all of this alone-time in the game is getting to me.

From the thread, the apparition looked like a streched footprint. Its happened to me twice where a footprint will glitch out and make a verticle icicle-looking object. Both times for me were in forlorn muskeg though.

As for my share of creepyness, ive heard a train horn in the distance, but i think it mightve been one of the samdbox tracks playing quietly because theres a part in one that sounds like a train.

Ive also experienced invisible bears grunting and sniffing and wolves eating.

I sometimes leave extra supplies behind purposely to benefit whoever else might be out there.

You are hearing Will.   The release changed the volume settings.  Turing voice down to zero actually only sets it to one now.

Useless items are supposed to despawn to keep the game clean.  But this was jarring.  Especially when the useless item was being carried.  So they implemented a solution where useless items only disappear when placed in containers.  That way you can get rid of useless stuff, but only when its not jarring.  I know ruined food is not actually useless, but their solution is what it is.  "Useless" seems to be anything that cannot be "used" or "broken down" on the inventory screen. 

I play with the Audio > Voice slider set to zero.  Female character.  But I can still hear my character's small talk ("I hope no one needs this") very faintly, with a bit of an echo.  Very ghostly.  Prior to launch, setting the voice slider to zero really turned the voice off entirely.

On 10/20/2017 at 3:51 PM, KinoUnko said:

on unrelated note... non-harvestable ruined fishing tackle, whetstone, and food items disappears when placed into a container. is this a new feature or new bug? I rather like it, always wanted a way to get rid of ruined sewing kits and the like without littering them about the map.

New feature.. it was added a couple of updates back, for precisely the reason you mentioned.. as a means of getting rid of ruined items.

3 hours ago, Hotzn said:

Sorry to correct, but this has been around for quite a long time. ;)

No need to apologise.. I just knew it was a while back, and couldn't be bothered to check and see just how long ago it was, so I said "a couple" to be on the safe side.

Archived