Cry from the heart.

AlexandraRussia

I expect you'll find out when it gets released. However, here's the thing. I work in IT and software development. When the game was released Aug 1st a number of bugs were revealed when the user base for the game went from a few dozen in testing to hundreds of thousands. They patched all the problems and they did it quickly, and I know that this happened by working long long hours. This is not a large development team, and Hinterland doesn't have the resources of an EA or Ubisoft. On the gripping hand, take a look at the (imho) beautiful piece of art that they created, a piece of art that could never have come out of an EA or Ubisoft as they are driven by corporate commercial imperatives that are simply non-existent to a small privately held firm like Hinterland. Raph and co. have said they are going to continue to work on the sandbox as well as the new episodes. So far I've not seen any reason why I shouldn't take them at their word. Besides, the simple truth is that as far as I'm concerned, what I've already received is totally worth the money I paid for it, and the rest of the stuff coming down the turnpike is basically gravy.

Alexandra, you can keep up with what is happening with Hinterland by reading the "News" on this forum page, if you did, you would know that not that long ago, the entire team of TLD had a month-long holiday to recover their energy. Game development is very stressful, long, and tedious work, it is not just about thinking of idea - every idea that comes into the game takes hundreds of hours of many people to be implemented into the game through coding, so all these suggestions we community have, will take a lot of time for them to implement. I am sure if it were easy, they would like to add thousand more things into the game. But realistically, things take time to implement. On top of that, they need to test everything out and make sure there are no bugs, fix them, and sometimes when you fix bugs, two new ones will be created. As you can imagine, it is not easy to make it perfect. Another problem is, that some changes and new suggestions will need that the old mechanics are changed as well - that means, even more, time spent on fixing it all up. It is all a looooooooooooooooooong process.

So, be patient, and remember this - Hinterland is small, indie studio. Unlike companies like Bethesda which have hundreds of programmists and millions of dollars to pay everyone well and have them working 24/7 for years on some of the best games we ever played, Hinterland has a small team who has less money and cannot afford to add every single great suggestion there ever was. 

If the game is boring to you now, leave it for a month, and then come back. You will likely enjoy it again. Or, figure out your own way to enjoy it again - give yourself some challenges, do some funny stuff in it, try to learn something new about the game... that kind of things. It may replenish your interest in the game again.

35 minutes ago, stratvox said:

If you're just here to troll dude I'll just bow out. Have a nice life.

That is not a matter of trolling, but most of us don't have English for our primary language. Should be pretty obvious from the OP´s name where they are from - consider the language barrier as an issue next time. Pretty sure Alexandra just struggles a bit with English in a matter of how to express herself. (my apologies if I assumed your gender wrong, Alex)

Hi @AlexandraRussia . Are you asking if Hinterland is continuing to work on The Long Dark?

We certainly haven't forgotten about the game! We have three more Episodes of Wintermute to complete, and also plan to expand and improve the Survival Mode sandbox as well. Details about the content we're working on haven't been announced yet so I can't comment on the specifics, however we promise the team is still hard at work and looking forward to sharing more of the Quiet Apocalypse with you!

2 hours ago, Mel Guille said:

Hi @AlexandraRussia . Are you asking if Hinterland is continuing to work on The Long Dark?

We certainly haven't forgotten about the game! We have three more Episodes of Wintermute to complete, and also plan to expand and improve the Survival Mode sandbox as well. Details about the content we're working on haven't been announced yet, so I can't comment on the specifics, however we promise the team is still hard at work and looking forward to sharing more of the Quiet Apocalypse with you!

Thank you very much :), for the information), I'm sorry that I distracted you), just to be honest your game I really like).

Archived