Broken Railroads

KinoUnko

this region is a bit odd. The NE quadrant seems obviously accessible, at least at one point in the past (older versions?) or perhaps future. There's a high footbridge visible from gated fence toward hunters lodge. With a little work you can climb up the rock face and get nearly under that bridge, but logs prevent going further. There seems to be a good deal of terrain beyond the bend over the frozen water way. There's also a rope climb up into the NE quadrant but no rope. What's up there? anyone  checked it out with mods? 

Saving it for story mode? seems a bit odd since it'd be retreading territory from before.

Unrelated note... Hunters Lodge has signage "Mystery Lake Lodge". was this the original camp office in a much older build?

Ah... Never tried that part, it didn't look traversable. but got up there, my curiosity is satisfied. Nothing up there except a locked gate, don't see any way to open it without bolt cutter. The ravine east of the high foot bridge eventually circles back to the stream under the tree bridge that gets most people around the land slide. Now I'm super curious what's behind the gate.

Look for the rope anchor on left as you hug the cliff east of the maintenance yards. just past that point is a much lower wall of boulders. these you can get up on from the east side, coming from the railroads. you'll climb over one low wall of boulders, cross a small flat area, and the 2nd low wall is the one right over the maintenance yard fence. North along this 2nd low wall is a large boulder, small ledge to the right of it lets you get up the boulder, few steps further and you'll be looking at the rope anchor you saw from below. follow that path and you'll cross the foot bridge and eventually the path comes to dead end. There's nothing up there. All signs indicate that quadrant of the map is still in progress or simply abandoned. 

On 04/10/2017 at 8:46 AM, KinoUnko said:

don't see any way to open it without bolt cutter

People have tried that.. bolt cutters won't work on it.

Best guess says it's an access route to a future region that hasn't been added to the game yet, or to the (still locked in Survival Mode) town of Milton region (Mountain Town, on the map).

488?cb=20170808135320

10 minutes ago, Ahatch said:

Has anyone dared go down the cliff along the side with the broken bridge ? 

There's a rope climb down to that ravine. But you'd probably have to hump a rope from another region, I haven't seen one in BR. Not really worth the effort for what's down there .

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

People have tried that.. bolt cutters won't work on it.

Best guess says it's an access route to a future region that hasn't been added to the game yet, or to the (still locked in Survival Mode) town of Milton region (Mountain Town, on the map).

Possibly. Although Milton wouldn't hold much interest for me since I already explored it in story mode... Unless it's a much bigger region than what was in story mode.

Looking at the world map... the road system is also very strange, doesn't connect up in any sensible way. paved road runs E-W in PV, and CH. but PV is well north of CH, and there're no paved roads in winding river or ravine. Road through Milton runs E-W? that would mean there probably will be a transition region between Milton and PV... and Perseverance Mills is likely E of PV, between TWM and DP, maybe with a main road running N-S... specially considering what we know from end of Episode 2. Unless there's some more land east and north of DP that isn't on the world map.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived