Aurora and mines.

starfighter441

14 hours ago, starfighter441 said:

Speaking of Auroras, my character has survived 89 days so far, and I've yet to see one.

If you started your sandbox before wintermute got released you will never see aurora in that game.

13 hours ago, TROY said:

yes they do, but its not really enough light to safely pass through with

Yeah, the lights are just spooky and creepy...

• 4 weeks later...

I try not to go in mines when there is an Aurora.  Reasoning;  that lighting is so bad I can't believe someone hasn't died from an epileptic seizure.  Shouldn't there be some sort of warning about this, or did I miss it.  I hope Hinterland has a warning like that or they might find legal problems down the road.

Just now, Wade said:

I try not to go in mines when there is an Aurora.  Reasoning;  that lighting is so bad I can't believe someone hasn't died from an epileptic seizure.  Shouldn't there be some sort of warning about this, or did I miss it.  I hope Hinterland has a warning like that or they might find legal problems down the road.

That along with the warning that the wires we'd thought were safe to go over were a one-touch-kill kind of deal. I could barely hear it sparking when I woke up next to the fire barrel in the garage in Broken Railroad and walked right into it, bringing a swift end to my game. It doesn't help that those wires are -so- close to the fire barrel which I slept by for warmth.

Yeah the shock does pretty high damage - from full health you have at least 2 or 3 touches, but it piles up quickly if you don't immediately step back after getting shocked.

The dam and maintenance yard are both rather dangerous during auroras, especially the dam. The maintenance yard has dangerous zones near the door to the exterior office and near the fire barrel. Generally it's safest to just use the bed, as it's far from any live wires, and the wires are easy to see if they aren't right at your feet. Navigating the maintenance yard interior on non-aurora nights is a chore, as it's dark, but if you look at the ceiling sky lights it's a lot easier, especially if you break down debris in your paths during daylight hours. I also like having the lantern as I can use its striker to get a quick flash of light and cancel before actually lighting it - that flash is enough to orient me if I already generally know the layout.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, JAFO said:

It's not about the years, it's the hours that count.. ;)

(I have over 550 hours up, and there's no way I'd attempt it.)

137 hours, after PV was added i was only playing one or two games after each update for a long time. 30 hours in the past two weeks is the most i have continuously played in a long time.

Also i'm sure it depends on how good you are at memorization, which i'm not.

On 9/25/2017 at 6:31 AM, starfighter441 said:

While transiting from Coastal Highway to Pleasant Valley via the mine, I wondered if the lights in the mine light up when the Aurora is active?  Speaking of Auroras, my character has survived 89 days so far, and I've yet to see one.

On 9/25/2017 at 6:42 AM, TROY said:

yes they do, but its not really enough light to safely pass through with

89 days without seeing one seems a bit odd, is your game up to date?

Also if you find a torch you can use that when there is an Aurora.

torch01.thumb.jpg.9ad90de66ed11915c4de87af65afa3e5.jpg

Archived