Please tweak the tweak on Aurora frequency.

TROY

I'm sure I'm not alone in being sad that the Aurora has been made a fairly rare event in Survival Sandbox. 

I really enjoyed the beauty of it (although the sound effects aren't my cup of red rose)  I looked forward to nights that it was "up" and going outside to enjoy it, or even putting off sleep to travel during it so I could see it from different places and angles. I also enjoyed being able to listen to the radio while I cooked supper or harvested bunnies in the evenings. It's so rare now that those have practically become non existent.  I've seen it only once in 16 days survived since the update that nerfed it. 

Ive been getting them way too much, i enjoyed the beauty but am afraid theyd get too old if they were every night. Plus they give your character a huge advantage because of the high visibility, relative warmth and predictable weather during one. Nights actually became quite safe once you got the flashlight and you could take advantage of it. 

I find night blizzards quite beautiful as well with a fire going and in shelter, this update made room for them.

6 hours ago, TROY said:

being able to listen to the radio while I cooked supper or harvested bunnies in the evenings

Wait, the radios are able to play music during aurorae now? Sure I've seen it being mentioned on the forums before. I remember once or twice I'd flip a car stereo during the aurora, and it stayed silent as always... so I kinda didn't look further into it.  Gotta try and check again, though aurorae seem to happen quite infrequently after the last patch...

1 hour ago, dead frozen dude said:

Wait, the radios are able to play music during aurorae now? Sure I've seen it being mentioned on the forums before. I remember once or twice I'd flip a car stereo during the aurora, and it stayed silent as always... so I kinda didn't look further into it.  Gotta try and check again, though aurorae seem to happen quite infrequently after the last patch...

i havent tried the car radios, but I know sometimes you hafta click it several times to get it to play. And it often begins very softly, barely able to be heard.

20 hours ago, TROY said:

i havent tried the car radios, but I know sometimes you hafta click it several times to get it to play. And it often begins very softly, barely able to be heard.

some car radios trigger normal ambient music to play, just in general, not coming from the radios...

Archived