End game/my thoughts

jonque007

So tonight I just finished episode 2. Overall I loved it! It was a good story and I look forward to ep3. There were a few bugs and other things that could be polished a bit more but it was a lovely experience. I would like the Hinterland team to know that I'm thankful for all the work they have put into this game. This game has been a awesome experience for me as a player! I will be looking forward to what comes next. Again to the Dev team thank you, thank you, thank you for putting out such a cool game! 

Keep on surviving! 

Wow, someone who actually LIKED the Story. I mean I enjoyed it. But my experience was slightly dimmed as I saw a bit of it before I played it first AND I saw a lot of negativity before I first played it. So going forward I will restrict myself from anything before playing Episode 3! And we're playing Astrid in Episode 3 so there's that to be excited for also!

2 hours ago, Fuarian said:

Wow, someone who actually LIKED the Story. I mean I enjoyed it. But my experience was slightly dimmed as I saw a bit of it before I played it first AND I saw a lot of negativity before I first played it. So going forward I will restrict myself from anything before playing Episode 3! And we're playing Astrid in Episode 3 so there's that to be excited for also!

Imagine how I feel. I lost ability to play Wintermute some 4 days in, and ever since I have been attempting to avoid Wintermute section altogether, and am VERY careful not to run into any heavy spoilers, because I never made it much further then to Milton -__-

I even chose not to watch the trailers to not know much about the story. Still, did not fully escape all the spoilers... 

I think most people have been strongly influenced by the fact that the story mode was not properly finished all the way - dialogs missing, bugs everywhere, etc - and it kind of resulted in people, feeling biased against the game in general. I feel like the story so far towards the Milton was pretty cool.

2 hours ago, Fuarian said:

And we're playing Astrid in Episode 3 so there's that to be excited for also!

Wait, what!? What happens with all my gear that my Mackenzie has found and treasures, i'm not sure i want to play as Astrid, i will be more than happy to play only Mackenzie, at least out season 1.

But nevertheless i liked the story as well, i haven't played this game before, so i like to help collecting food and firewood while i was trying to survive, i wonder what episode 3 have stored for us and if we have to play Astrid i really hope in next episode Mackenzie is back with all my presious gear intact.

1 minute ago, ingrobny said:

Wait, what!? What happens with all my gear that my Mackenzie has found and treasures, i'm not sure i want to play as Astrid, i will be more than happy to play only Mackenzie, at least out season 1.

Pretty sure there will be another episode where you get to play as Mackenzie in the end again. So there is that. But yes, I believe the third one is intended to be Astrid - and Astrid will be using bow primarily. My guess is that either the fourth season will be both survivors, or in the fith episode we will play them both. I doubt all three next episodes will be Astrid only.

53 minutes ago, Mroz4k said:

Pretty sure there will be another episode where you get to play as Mackenzie in the end again. So there is that. But yes, I believe the third one is intended to be Astrid - and Astrid will be using bow primarily. My guess is that either the fourth season will be both survivors, or in the fith episode we will play them both. I doubt all three next episodes will be Astrid only.

But this could mean that my Mackenzie is more than ready for exit the dam already, maybe when he returns we have to start from scratch again? I'm saving all my rifle bullets, except the ones i have to use on the bear, collecting and curing deer hide to bring with me, i have made deer skin boots, rabbit mittens, got deerskin pants from the forrest talker, i have so much stuff :o.

6 minutes ago, ingrobny said:

But this could mean that my Mackenzie is more than ready for exit the dam already, maybe when he returns we have to start from scratch again? I'm saving all my rifle bullets, except the ones i have to use on the bear, collecting and curing deer hide to bring with me, i have made deer skin boots, rabbit mittens, got deerskin pants from the forrest talker, i have so much stuff :o.

Did you start over again from the scratch in the Episode 2? You should be able to answer that question on your own.

5 hours ago, ingrobny said:

But nevertheless i liked the story as well, i haven't played this game before, so i like to help collecting food and firewood while i was trying to survive, i wonder what episode 3 have stored for us and if we have to play Astrid i really hope in next episode Mackenzie is back with all my presious gear intact.

From what we know only Episode 3 we play as Astrid and see her side of the story. Episode 4 and 5 will continue as Mackenzie and we will keep our stuff :P

5 minutes ago, Fuarian said:

From what we know only Episode 3 we play as Astrid and see her side of the story. Episode 4 and 5 will continue as Mackenzie and we will keep our stuff :P

Sounds good, that means that i can continue with hordering :D, i don't want to end episode 2 before episode 3 is out, because i can't stop playing this game.

3 hours ago, ingrobny said:

Not a bad idea :) . Can i choose where to start? I want to start in Mystery Lake and save the other locations until i have been there for the story :o

On any difficulty lower than Interloper you can choose. Mystery Lake is the easiest. Although, some regions may not be in Story Mode. We don't really know yet. 

Archived