Xbox Play Anywhere

Bradstaff

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:13 PM, Mel Guille said:

In case you hadn't seen it yet, The Long Dark is now officially available on the Windows Store as an Xbox Play Anywhere title: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/p/the-long-dark/9nfkn56zbmr0

Anyone who owns the game on Xbox One will automatically get the Windows 10 version, and vice versa, and cloud saves should keep both versions in sync.

Hi, I bought this through the Microsoft Store on my PC when it was released a couple days ago, and unfortunately Play Anywhere is not working.  I can't install the game on my Xbox One without repurchasing it.  There is also a review on the Store page saying they had the same problem.  Any ideas how to fix?  Plays and works great on my PC, but I want it on my Xbox One as well.

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, be77solo said:

Hi, I bought this through the Microsoft Store on my PC when it was released a couple days ago, and unfortunately Play Anywhere is not working.  I can't install the game on my Xbox One without repurchasing it.  There is also a review on the Store page saying they had the same problem.  Any ideas how to fix?  Plays and works great on my PC, but I want it on my Xbox One as well.

Thanks!

Thanks for this report - we'll look into it. In the meantime you can check out Microsoft's support page for some steps to try: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-titles/xbox-play-anywhere-help

And welcome to the forums! 

50 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Thanks for this report - we'll look into it. In the meantime you can check out Microsoft's support page for some steps to try: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-titles/xbox-play-anywhere-help

And welcome to the forums! 

Thanks for the welcome!  I actually also have owned your game for a while on Steam, but I'm a sucker for the Play Anywhere program so picked it up again to keep my saves sync'd, achievements etc.  Love PC gaming, but also love some Xbox on the couch too ha.

All my other Play Anywhere titles work and sync between my PC/Xbox One just fine.  It's just The Long Dark not showing up for some reason.   My first clue was whenever I buy a Play Anywhere title on my PC it remotely installs on my Xbox.  Never got any indication of this, so I searched for the game in the Xbox store on my Xbox, where it says I must purchase it.  All my other Play Anywhere titles have either installed remotely or were listed in my "ready to install" section on the Xbox. 

Thanks for looking into the problem!  Once I saw the other review on the Microsoft Store PC page complaining about this I knew it wasn't just a one off problem on my account.

7 minutes ago, be77solo said:

Thanks for the welcome!  I actually also have owned your game for a while on Steam, but I'm a sucker for the Play Anywhere program so picked it up again to keep my saves sync'd, achievements etc.  Love PC gaming, but also love some Xbox on the couch too ha.

All my other Play Anywhere titles work and sync between my PC/Xbox One just fine.  It's just The Long Dark not showing up for some reason.   My first clue was whenever I buy a Play Anywhere title on my PC it remotely installs on my Xbox.  Never got any indication of this, so I searched for the game in the Xbox store on my Xbox, where it says I must purchase it.  All my other Play Anywhere titles have either installed remotely or were listed in my "ready to install" section on the Xbox. 

Thanks for looking into the problem!  Once I saw the other review on the Microsoft Store PC page complaining about this I knew it wasn't just a one off problem on my account.

Can you please specify which region of the world you happen to be in? That might be of help to us. Thanks.

Just now, Patrick Carlson said:

Can you please specify which region of the world you happen to be in? That might be of help to us. Thanks.

Absolutely!  I am located in the US, bought the game through the Microsoft Store that comes built into Windows 10.  PC is up to date.  Game installs and plays great on PC.  Bought the game Nov 4th once I saw it was released as a Play Anywhere title and was on sale with a small discount.

On Xbox it simply doesn't show up as purchased like all of my other Play Anywhere titles do.

Greetings.  Just wanted to follow up on this.  I went through Microsoft Store support, which couldn't help, but they directed me to Xbox support which promised to investigate and resolve the problem.

No idea what they actually did, but checked today and The Long Dark now shows up as owned on my Xbox and I was able to install.  Not sure if they actually fixed the problem or just manually added the Xbox version to my account, but happy to report it is working now.

So, if anyone else runs into this, contact Xbox support and they can take care of it.

I would also be curious if I had purchased on my Xbox instead of my PC if it would have shown up properly on my PC?  Guess I'll never know ha.

• 3 months later...

Archived