The big-headed ram.

AlexandraRussia

The big-headed ram.  An adult representative can weigh up to 160 kg.  Magnificently twisted horns reach a length of 1.3 m. Herds of sheep migrate from the foot of the mountains to the alpine meadows.  There they graze and rest - they accumulate energy for harsh wintering.

from a wool of a ram it will be possible to make valenoks.  very warm shoes.

загружено.jpg

I would like to see the rams make it into the game at some point. But not to have the wool for the sake of just shoes (I think we have decent boots in the game already) but for the sake that a wool itself could be used for a number of different handmade clothes, most notably clothing for the lower layers (sweaters, socks, longjohns, etc).

Would be great if certain animals inhabited certain regions exclusively - the ram itself would be only found in the higher levels of the Timberwolf mountain. Same with Cougars which could be exclusive to the mountaineous regions - to make them more deadly.

I dont have a problem if the ram provided a decent amount of meat, but the caloric value of that meat would have to be rather low.

On 9/24/2017 at 1:41 AM, AlexandraRussia said:

The big-headed ram.

On 9/24/2017 at 2:19 AM, Mroz4k said:

I would like to see the rams make it into the game at some point.

I would not like to see Bighorn Sheep (to give them their proper name) in TLD. Bighorn are not found closer than roughly 200km of the west coast of Canada.. and since off the west coast of Canada is where Great Bear Island is supposedly located, it makes no sense for them to be there.

4 minutes ago, JAFO said:

I would not like to see Bighorn Sheep (to give them their proper name) in TLD. Bighorn are not found closer than roughly 200km of the west coast of Canada.. and since off the west coast of Canada is where Great Bear Island is supposedly located, it makes no sense for them to be there.

200 km is not that much, but I suppose you are right. Saw them living in Alaska, figured they would be living in Canada as well. But really, considering Great Bear is fictional, it could easily have them there, if they had great potential to add something to the game, I wouldnt be pissed that they were added even if they dont neccesarily live directly in Canada.

8 minutes ago, Mroz4k said:

200 km is not that much

When you're talking about crossing mountain ranges, it's plenty.. ;)

8 minutes ago, Mroz4k said:

Saw them living in Alaska, figured they would be living in Canada as well.

Well, they do.. but as the distribution map at that link shows, they're well inland from the coast.

Oh, now I see the confusion made with me.

I did not mean bighorn sheep to be added, and you are correct that bighorns do not live in Canada.

I meant Dall sheep. aka the thinhorn sheep. These guys are similar to the bighorns in many ways, but they inhabit the mountaineous areas of Alaska and western Canada (northwest territories and British Columbia). So, it makes perfect sense for them to be located on the Great Bear as well, especially if they were introduced there by the civilized population. It is possible that they werent originally living there, but in an attempt to increase their population in other parts of Canada and Alaska, they would be introduced to Timberwolf mountain because in here, they would be more likely to avoid the diseases, brought on by the domesticated sheep, if we assume that sheep were not present on the Great Bear amongst the livestock.

dall-sheep-alaskastock.com-edited_63ebb4

Archived