AlexandraRussia

I would also like to see foxes added. However, there is no need for capes (unless it fits into a coat slot which would be kind of a waste, also you would need a whole bunch of hides to get that cape finished) or the collars. Unless we are talking about a specific crafted piece of clothing made out of different hides, which I think would be pretty cool addition - naturally they would be a bit better in terms of protection.

Personally, I feel like the current "clothing" items could have tiers - the lower tier would be the clothes we have right now, and the more difficult-to-hunt rarer and more dangerous animals would be used in creation of better clothing - in this case, I can see foxes being a decent Tier upgrade from rabbits. Meaning that instead of just rabbitskin mittens, there would be foxskin gloves, which would provide better boost in protection. Same with Mooseskin boots and pants being a tier upgrade from the deerskin items, and the already existing bearskin coat being the upgrade to the wolfskin one.

Also, I believe you are posting these in a wrong forum board - you want to put these into the Wishlist, next time. Survival mode is more about discussing what is already in the game, not what should be added.

4 hours ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

How about a fox cape or legwarmers or something along the lines of an accessory? Having the wool ear wrap as an accessory option right now, I feel like we need more choices.

I think the fox will be better on the head than under your smelly socks. its a better representation of the hinterland .

On 9/24/2017 at 0:13 AM, Wish said:

As a fox is the Hinterland logo, perhaps make it a special part of the game: Have just one fox--in the whole world--that you are lucky to find, which you can use to craft headgear.

foxhat.JPG

I dissagree there would be a single one in the game. That in itself is very non immersive, and kind of a waste compared to the effort put into creating the fox in the first place. Either have it added as a regular (albeit maybe much rarer) animal, or dont have it added at all. 

As for the headpiece... you can make a hat out of any leather. This is the first time I have ever seen or heard of a hat, made out of fox - scarves, on the other hand, that is something I have heard off before and it was a popular clothing item everywhere round the world. 

I would rather see rabbits for a headgear, and maybe fox for a scarf- scarf itself will prevent head frostbite so its good enough. 

11 hours ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

How about a fox cape or legwarmers or something along the lines of an accessory? Having the wool ear wrap as an accessory option right now, I feel like we need more choices.

I get where you are coming from, but I dissagree. I dont think the craftable clothes should neccesarily be for every single layer spot in the game. Accessories do not cause frostbite - I think that for the game balance reasons, only slots of clothing that cause frostbite (coat, pants, hands, boots, head) should have craftable clothing. 

Yes, they should add more accessories, but not craftable ones, in my opinion. 

Unless we are talking about birch bark googles (another option would be non craftable sunglasses) to prevent snow blindness - those would be a natural accessory, and would have to be craftable too because they protect the player against another affliction (assuming snow blindness would be a thing)

On 9/24/2017 at 0:48 PM, oplli said:

I think the fox will be better on the head than under your smelly socks. its a better representation of the hinterland .

Leg warmers go over your pants. They wouldnt even make contact with your smelly socks.

7 minutes ago, Ape88 said:

Leg warmers go over your pants. They wouldnt even make contact with your smelly socks.

I would very much like to see you, try to pull on those leg warmers over the snow pants (or as I call em, synthetic ski pants) - those things are big, bulky, and need to stay that way othervise they are losing their insulation effectiveness. 

Leg warmers I know go over the socks. 

Not that this whole conversation is meaningful, really. Who cares about smelliness - the survivor did not bathe since before apocalypse (unless you go on regular thin ice baths) so they are smelly all the time regardless. 

18 hours ago, oplli said:

i am sorry . i reading wrong

Mate, don't be sorry for everything :D trust me, sometimes it is better to stand behind your own opinion, and fight for it a bit :D 
I agree with you - I would much rather see "fox clothes" be an item for the head, rather than for legs... ^_^

Makes more sense. As a tiny animal, fox skin will be thinner than the hide of, say, a wolf - and thus it's more pliable, and better suited for body parts where you need more pliable clothing. There is a reason why people would make ushankas out of a rabbit or a fox pelt, rather than wolf pelt. And wolf would be used for big, bulky clothing like coats.

Could use fox pelts to make a coat too, but it would require many foxes, and a lot more work then trying to make it out of a couple of wolf pelts.

Archived