Old Clothing Challenge

Salty Crackers

For this challenge, we pretend the Resolute Outfitter update never took place. The rules are simple.

Start on any map and any difficulty you want. (I always do Stalker)

1. Only wear clothes available before the update. Anything not on the list below is forbidden. If you spawn wearing clothes that are forbidden, you must immediately discard them. You may not harvest them for materials.

FULL LIST (NO EXCEPTIONS)

HATS:

COTTON TOQUE (BASIC WOOL HAT)

WOOL TOQUE

SCARVES:

WOOL SCARF ( NOT LONG)

SWEATERS:

THIN WOOL SWEATER

THICK WOOL SWEATER

COATS:

SPORT VEST (INSULATED VEST)

DOWN VEST

SKI JACKET

SIMPLE PARKA (BASIC WINTER COAT)

MARINER'S PEA COAT

EXPEDITION PARKA (PREMIUM WINTER COAT)

WOLFSKIN COAT

GLOVES:

DRIVER'S GLOVES (SKI GLOVES)

WOOL MITTENS (MITTENS)

RABBITSKIN MITTENS

PANTS:

JEANS

CARGO PANTS

DEERSKIN PANTS

ALL LONG UNDERWEAR

SOCKS:

SPORTS SOCKS

WOOL SOCKS

BOOTS:

RUNNING SHOES

TRAIL BOOTS (BASIC BOOTS)

WORK BOOTS

INSULATED BOOTS

DEERSKIN BOOTS

2. No outer clothing slots can be used (with the exception of 1 scarf and 1 hat)

The objective is to survive as long as you can. Try to keep warm!

6 hours ago, Salty Crackers said:

OLD FASHIONED PARKA (BASIC WINTER COAT)

Basic winter coat was changed into Simple Parka, not the Old fashioned one. They even look the same for the most part.

7 hours ago, Salty Crackers said:

SKI GLOVES

Basic Ski gloves which was the original item for hands in the previous updates was turned into "Drivers gloves", not the Ski gloves. Ski gloves are better - and if you lived through conversion of resolute outfitter with your saved game, you would see all the basic ski gloves turn into driver´s gloves.

7 hours ago, Salty Crackers said:

WOOL SCARF

Current game has a wool scarf and a long wool scarf. Should probably mention this is the "red one", the short version. Since thats what the basic wool scarf from previous versions was.

Interesting challenge. Should be somewhat challenging, considering that the resolute Outfitter significantly nerfed the protection rates of most clothing, for example wolfskin coat got nerfed almost to half values. 

42 minutes ago, Salty Crackers said:

I've started to always play this way. For me, I like having the cold present a challenge. If you can layer clothing, you can get a crazy warmth bonus.

Its a valid strat, cold is not that difficult to manage as long as you have SOME clothing on. And it gives you more space to fill with loot and more ability to sprint, too. As long as you spend some time inside or build fires along the way, you can maintain cold pretty easily. 

Hah...my LP so far is gonna be priceless!

I wrote down the list of what I can wear but of course forget to check it against what I spawn with.

So I'm pretty danged cold...I eventually make it to the dam.

I've passed up on some light shell's etc/ etc...

Great some work pants...oh right can't wear em...cool some combat boots...damn...great a plaid shirt...nope...oh yay a Thick Wool Sweater!

Pushes C...sees I've been wearing a Hoodie...sees it's not on the list of clothes I can wear...seriously!

Oh well...I'm all good now. Colder than usual though.

Archived