magical artifact on Signal Hill

KinoUnko

amongst other things, from current voyager sandbox. ~255 days in, passing through the Valley on my way to Muskeg. Nabbed a few screen caps for old times sake.

thus far:
Mystery Lake 80 days
Pleasant Valley 81 days
Coastal Highway  30 days
Desolation Point 10 days
Timberwolf Mountain 59 days

shimmering shard of something on Signal Hill, saw this as I was moving the rope to the higher location just in front of the radio tower. I stayed here for 4 days waiting for a clear day to get overview of the valley, but straight storms and heavy storm all those days. Weather clears up after dark, storm starts up just before sunrise and white out through the day.
signalhill.thumb.jpg.657d8186ee6288eafe344180b79bdc83.jpg

5th day, this was the best I could get before I ran out of patience
signalhilloverlook.thumb.JPG.902e5ef0bf33d73b24887b1be3e935c4.JPG

Sunset the day before moving on to Mystery Lakesunsetvalley.thumb.JPG.02af12f53ce1f1d2467194284cee527e.JPG

Sunrise the day of
sunrisevalley.thumb.JPG.7d2b52dd4cbc0dd2b515ec08bcf26807.JPG

Last look at Timberwolf Mountain
timberwolfmountain.thumb.JPG.b81c8cce583e5d5a26327c455c6fa165.JPG

Timberwolf Mountain has been the best so far aside from couple close encounters with the local bears. Valley is nice, but weather is poor most the time. Had spent around 40 days in a different run in Coastal Highway so not as many days this time around. Desolation Point feels tiny compared to the other regions, in retrospect I shouldn't have left all my rifle cartridges there before heading to the Mountain.

23 minutes ago, Fuarian said:

Dunno what that thing is at Signal Hill. Must be a texture bug.

Clearly, you are unable to recognize the significance of this extraordinary phenomenon... it's a rift in the fabric of reality, a pathway to another dimension which has been opened by an extraordinary electromagnetic field caused by the aurorae! Sun is shining through, that is obvious. It might be the way to a sunnier realm, an escape from the hopelessness of the Long Dark! We must all investigate!

9 minutes ago, Hotzn said:

Clearly, you are unable to recognize the significance of this extraordinary phenomenon... it's a rift in the fabric of reality, a pathway to another dimension which has been opened by an extraordinary electromagnetic field caused by the aurorae! Sun is shining through, that is obvious. It might be the way to a sunnier realm, an escape from the hopelessness of the Long Dark! We must all investigate!

It's Jeremiah and his radio!

31 minutes ago, Fuarian said:

It's Jeremiah and his radio!

Possibly. Would be psychedelic to step through the rift and find Jeremiah sunbathing on a sandy beach, with sunglasses and a small radio playing reggae music, sipping Pinha Colada, palm trees and blue sky in the background...

2 hours ago, Hotzn said:

Possibly. Would be psychedelic to step through the rift and find Jeremiah sunbathing on a sandy beach, with sunglasses and a small radio playing reggae music, sipping Pinha Colada, palm trees and blue sky in the background...

J: "Ay Mackenzie, got any of that Morphine on you?"

*The Old Bear in swim trunks runs past, chasing a rabbit*

W: "Uhh.."

Archived