Scarves

Salty Crackers

Scarves are kind of pointless. As soon as you get any hat, you simply rip up your wool scarf and repair the hat with the cloth. 2 Wool Toques give you a ludicrous 4°C of protection, while not impeding your movement at all. I think you should only be able to wear a hot on the outer slot, and restrict the inner slot to scarves. Alternatively, there could be a potential of frostbite on the neck, making scarves more valuable.

18 hours ago, Salty Crackers said:

Scarves are kind of pointless. As soon as you get any hat, you simply rip up your wool scarf and repair the hat with the cloth. 2 Wool Toques give you a ludicrous 4°C of protection, while not impeding your movement at all. I think you should only be able to wear a hot on the outer slot, and restrict the inner slot to scarves. Alternatively, there could be a potential of frostbite on the neck, making scarves more valuable.

I agree it’s not as immersive, but it’s not a huge deal. I would like them to add some way to make scarves useful other than early game clothing. Maybe a neck slot? That would be good.

This used to be the case, before Resolute outfitter update - there used to be only single one slot for scarves, and one for hats. I liked it that way better.

I simply think that the wool toque needs to be nerfed a bit, it is relatively commonly found headpiece and has great temperature bonuses. I would argue that a long wool scarf would protect against the wind and against the cold much better then a simple toque. (I also miss the old texture of the wool toque, dont really like this new one too much).

However, I wouldnt like a neck slot specifically. Because of frostbite risk - something we really need at the moment is craftable clothes for all parts of the body - so far, head is the last one that doesnt have a craftable clothing for it. I hope that changes - with a rabbit hat, at some point. For that reason, I dont want to have necks exposeable to frostbite. 
However, if one slot on the head could only get a hat, and another one could only get a scarf, I would be happy with that. As long as both items "count" as outer layer, meaning you get both the temp and wind protection bonuses from them both.

4 hours ago, Samsonguy920 said:

The Long Wool Scarf over anything makes for about the best look for a survivor, especially as it covers anything the other headgear misses.  That scarf I will never sacrifice.

It's also rarer and better than wool toque. At least as far as I believe. It provides almost the same stats as the Wool toque, but in my experience, it survives wolf encounters far better than the wool toque, which can get trashed even if it's almost untouched. 

Archived