Saved Game Progress Disappear

4djes

Hello people. I was playing the survival mode and the light went off in my house. When the energy came back i open Steam, the launch TLD and when i wanted to continue my journey ... the games gives me 2 choices: 

New or feats.

Where is my game? Beeing playing and recording for weeks. 

8 hours ago, Mel Guille said:

Hi 4djes. It sounds like your save was corrupted when the power outage happened. However the game also saves to the cloud.  Did Steam try to sync with the cloud version?

Hello Mel. I had Steam Cloud on, but still can´t have the "Continue" option as usual.

8 hours ago, Mel Guille said:

Hi 4djes. It sounds like your save was corrupted when the power outage happened. However the game also saves to the cloud.  Did Steam try to sync with the cloud version?

Is this the corrupt file? I already wrote to the support but nobody answer and i´m recording for my channel, i can´t wait all this time. Is this the corrupt save? Can you fix it?

user001.cfg

6 minutes ago, 4djes said:

Is this the corrupt file? I already wrote to the support but nobody answer and i´m recording for my channel, i can´t wait all this time. Is this the corrupt save? Can you fix it?

user001.cfg

probably a trojan that no one wants to click on so yeah.

surely you can start game from last save point? if not hell bad luck, i say start again.

54 minutes ago, 4djes said:

user001.cfg

No, that's not the save file. Your save file will have a name like "ep1sandbox1", where the final digit may be anywhere from 1 - 5.

And more than likely, nobody can fix a corrupted file. Like @nicko said, you may just have to chalk it up to bad luck and move on.

(and if power interruptions are likely where you live, you might consider investing in a UPS while you're at it)

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

No, that's not the save file. Your save file will have a name like "ep1sandbox1", where the final digit may be anywhere from 1 - 5.

And more than likely, nobody can fix a corrupted file. Like @nicko said, you may just have to chalk it up to bad luck and move on.

(and if power interruptions are likely where you live, you might consider investing in a UPS while you're at it)

Thanks!!

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

One more question: with the current issue of the roll back, if i start all over again, am i in risk when the new version arrives that this new save can´t be use ?

Archived